Different dining plans same cabin

steve4031

If one person in a cabin wanted anytime dining, and the other wanted to be seated with a group, would this be possible.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am not sure. They would have to speak with the Maître'd once onboard.

I agree, you would have to talk to the Maître'd once onboard, but I would book the room as any time dinning as it is limited availability. The person moving to the group would have a better chance to change. But keep in mind, the person wanting to sit with a group they usually can only sit a certain amount of people at the large tables.

That being said, it could be hard for either on of you to move. :(

This is a hard one! lol

If you are booked YTD and have pre paid your grats then I am sure the maitr'd would shift you to MDR if there are definitely places available without having to set new tables.

The problem is some people on fixed dinning do not always attend and just because their place is free on a table they still have the right to turn up even if its just for last Dinner.

I was under the impression that with YTD you could opt to sit on your own or with other people. So wouldn't YTD work for both parties in this case?

Yes, you can request to sit with other people for YTD so this should cover all bases. just use YTD and ask to sit at a large table with others.