Dear Cruiser Who Knows Nothing:

LrgPizza

Lol. Lol. Lol. I did, thank you for asking. I posted about a week ago that I hadn't, and the fares were so high. For some reason, it got a lot of people upset. Maybe they were concerned that I'd miss the ship.

I set a deadline for last Friday. I booked round trip w Southwest (I love them) and saved $650. Under $1000 for the four of us. 8 free bags each way. I tend to overpack (hope I don't get flamed on thIs) so now I can bring whatever I want. For free. I may just bring a North Face jacket, and some Uggs. Because I can.

Sent from my iPad using Forums Edited by Cruiser Who Knows Nothing

[quote name='shof515']for me, it is sooo much easier to leave out of my homeport instead of flying :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I wish we had a home port in Indiana! Haha. We have driven twice to Port Canaveral for cruises, but going any further to Miami was just too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[quote name='LrgPizza']Great news! We also fly Southwest into FLL on Friday.

I'm glad you found something. I can finally sleep at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

I should have told you. I apologize. It's been over a week now. Poor thing.

We fly in on Thursday morning. Staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott. We love that place, nice and low key.

My cousin owns a couple Avis' he got us an unbelievable rate on a car, we will drive ourselves from FLL to the hotel and then on May 31 we will drive to the Avis in downtown Miami, and Avis will take us to POM.

I get free parking via Marriott Rewards, so that's not an issue. I wouldn't want anyone else losing sleep over my ground transport expenses.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[quote name='Cruiser Who Knows Nothing']I should have told you. I apologize. It's been over a week now. Poor thing.

We fly in on Thursday morning. Staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott. We love that place, nice and low key.

My cousin owns a couple Avis' he got us an unbelievable rate on a car, we will drive ourselves from FLL to the hotel and then on May 31 we will drive to the Avis in downtown Miami, and Avis will take us to POM.

I get free parking via Marriott Rewards, so that's not an issue. I wouldn't want anyone else losing sleep over my ground transport expenses.
[/quote]
Thank you for the info! I was going to start another thread to you asking about your parking situation, but you saved me the trouble. We will also be turning in our car downtown that Saturday morning, but ours will be at Budget which I think shares a parking lot with your Avis. Wanna race? We don't fly in until Friday morning. We are staying at the B2 downtown and catching the Marlins/Braves baseball game Friday night.

[quote name='Cruiser Who Knows Nothing']That's got to be great, being able to leave from your home port!! I live in Chicago, [B][U][COLOR="DarkRed"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]maybe a cruise down the Mississippi, then a cruise out of NOLA.
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/U][/B]

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/QUOTE]

Now that's a GREAT idea :D

[quote name='LrgPizza']Thank you for the info! I was going to start another thread to you asking about your parking situation, but you saved me the trouble. We will also be turning in our car downtown that Saturday morning, but ours will be at Budget which I think shares a parking lot with your Avis. Wanna race? We don't fly in until Friday morning. We are staying at the B2 downtown and catching the Marlins/Braves baseball game Friday night.[/quote]

That's interesting....we usually try to catch a Dolphin game when we're there in football season. I'm going to ask the "boys" if they're interested.

Edited: They no longer play at Joe Robbie. LOL. That would have been perfect. Too far to go to their new digs. Edited by Cruiser Who Knows Nothing

[quote name='Cruiser Who Knows Nothing']That's interesting....we usually try to catch a Dolphin game when we're there in football season. I'm going to ask the "boys" if they're interested.

Edited: They no longer play at Joe Robbie. LOL. That would have been perfect. Too far to go to their new digs.[/quote]
Joe Robbie would've been great! But we thought the new stadium looks really cool, and since we have a car... We haven't looked into parking yet though, or whether we will just take a cab (but we are staying closer than you). Ticket prices were so cheap that we couldn't pass it up! Edited by LrgPizza

[quote name='LrgPizza']Joe Robbie would've been great! But we thought the new stadium looks really cool, and since we have a car... We haven't looked into parking yet though, or whether we will just take a cab (but we are staying closer than you). Ticket prices were so cheap that we couldn't pass it up![/quote]

Its kinda far for a cab. Last summer, I wanted to show our son the site of the Orange Bowl. (Granted we are idiots and drove to U the Miami). LOL, I remember years ago, the Orange Bowl stadium was on the side of the expressway), Anyhoo, we walked around the U and it was cool, then found out that they play at Marlin Park. We drove there, saw it and left.

Morale of the story: In my opinion too far for a cab.

[quote name='Cruiser Who Knows Nothing']Its kinda far for a cab. Last summer, I wanted to show our son the site of the Orange Bowl. (Granted we are idiots and drove to U the Miami). LOL, I remember years ago, the Orange Bowl stadium was on the side of the expressway), Anyhoo, we walked around the U and it was cool, then found out that they play at Marlin Park. We drove there, saw it and left.

Morale of the story: In my opinion too far for a cab.[/quote]
From our hotel, Marlin's Park is just 2.5 miles. We are staying at the B2 downtown at Bayside Marketplace (near the port), so it's not bad for us.

[quote name='LrgPizza']From our hotel, Marlin's Park is just 2.5 miles. We are staying at the B2 downtown at Bayside Marketplace (near the port), so it's not bad for us.[/quote]

Well then, if its only 2.5 miles away, I dont have a freakin clue where it is. I know where Bayside is, and what ever stadium we went to was not 2.5 miles away. It wasn't Joe Robbie either.

I wonder where the heck we were.