Next Cruise Certificate bought in 2013

Hiya folks,

I have recently read on here that the OBC for NCC bookings made onboard has been significantly reduced.

We did a couple back in 2013 and still have one outstanding. Does anyone know if we get the previous (much better) offer or the new (pretty poor) one when we use this NCC booked back in 2013?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Hiya folks,

I have recently read on here that the OBC for NCC bookings made onboard has been significantly reduced.

We did a couple back in 2013 and still have one outstanding. Does anyone know if we get the previous (much better) offer or the new (pretty poor) one when we use this NCC booked back in 2013?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Hi,

People on here have been advised the old rules apply unsure if this is just for US. I made a UK booking in March just after rule change and was advised the new obc would apply. Phoned Guatemala & a Supervisor was meant to come back to me - that was about 3 weeks ago but heard nothing :mad:. I've now emailed & waiting on a reply. Will update once I get it.

I reserved two cruises last week, one with old NCC and one with a new one, the agent did tell me the OBC for each one and it was still the higher amount for the new one, this was confirmed when the confirmation came through. I am in the UK.

Hmmm thanks guys.

All looks a bit messed up doesn't it?

So welshrich you got the old higher rates even when you used a new NCC??

I have also fired off an email and will let you know what they come back with.

I'm a little annoyed that they change things and don't let you know. Dunno about you guys but first I heard of any change was on here. Might have been nice of them to email folks that had an outstanding NCC and let them know the score.

Here is the old OBC from certificates purchased before 15-March-2014:

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Edited by clarea

Hmmm thanks guys.

I'm a little annoyed that they change things and don't let you know. Dunno about you guys but first I heard of any change was on here. Might have been nice of them to email folks that had an outstanding NCC and let them know the score.

Hi, sorry, no, to clarify, I booked a Transatlantic cruise and used the OLD NCC so got $200 instead of the $100 I think it is now, I then booked a short cruise using the new NCC and think just got the standard $25, the were offering much bigger OBC if you booked when you were on the cruise but we couldnt as had to make sure we could get the time off work first and in the UK once you book you have to pay a fee to change to another cruise.

Hmmm thanks guys.

Yeah sure does seem messed up. Not going to be worth it for us in the future as can't always commit to definite dates. Wouldn't be so bad if they would let us change without losing deposits but that won't happen. I've still got a Celebrity certificate so will use that at some point & won't bother buying anymore.

Yeah that was also first time I heard of change on here. Hopefully we both get the correct obc sorted. :rolleyes:

Hiya.

I received a reply from RCCL C&A today.

Any NCC booked before 15 March 14 will receive the onboard credit offered before that date ...

3-5 Nights - $25.00

6-9 Nights - $100.00

10-14 Nights - $150.00

15+ Nights - $200.00

So that clears that up.

Hiya.

I received a reply from RCCL C&A today.

Any NCC booked before 15 March 14 will receive the onboard credit offered before that date ...

3-5 Nights - $25.00

6-9 Nights - $100.00

10-14 Nights - $150.00

15+ Nights - $200.00

So that clears that up.

Can I ask what email you used for them?

Thanks.

crownanchor.uk@rccl.com ... the uk email contact for Crown and Anchor members.

I've also had quick responses in the past using ... custserv.uk@rccl.com

Usually get an answer in 1-2 days.

Thanks.

Got a reply today to say they won't talk to me as I booked through a TA (although they own TA). She'd already queried with them at time of booking & they told her $75 for 14 night TA. I've asked her to check again and let me know :confused:

Thanks.

Got a reply today to say they won't talk to me as I booked through a TA (although they own TA). She'd already queried with them at time of booking & they told her $75 for 14 night TA. I've asked her to check again and let me know :confused:

Hmmm strange. Yeah I would get the Agent to ring them and kick off a little. You did buy your NCC before the 15 March 2014 didn't you?

Maybe fire off an email to Customer Services. Tell them the whole story and see if they can help ... custserv.uk@rccl.com

They seem to respond on twitter quite well .... @MyRoyalUK

Hope you get sorted. Let me know how you get on.

Edited by royzer76
Needed to add something ...

Here is the old OBC from certificates purchased before 15-March-2014:

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

What is the new OBC for todays open booking and can we still only hold the cruise with $100 pp?

What is the new OBC for todays open booking and can we still only hold the cruise with $100 pp?

Here are the new terms. Still $100 per person. See the second page for the open booking:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

Edited by clarea

Thank you so much for the link. I could not remember all the changes. Lately not too many things stay the same on RC. :)

Think the key now is to book on-board as you get the better benefits.

We prefer to do open bookings so we have one sitting about when a sailing opens up we like, but doubt we'll bother now once we use up the one we have.

Hmmm strange. Yeah I would get the Agent to ring them and kick off a little. You did buy your NCC before the 15 March 2014 didn't you?

Maybe fire off an email to Customer Services. Tell them the whole story and see if they can help ... custserv.uk@rccl.com

They seem to respond on twitter quite well .... @MyRoyalUK

Hope you get sorted. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks for that email address. I'll give the TA a few days to respond hopefully she'll get it sorted.

Yeah bought it over a year ago. I also thought it weird that C&A wouldn't look into it for me however when I phoned RCI in Guatemala they discussed my booking with me :confused:

We're using one we bought in February, before the rules changed, and we're getting the "old" OBC amount.

Yeah seems to be what's happening with everyone apart from me - typical :rolleyes: I'll keep pushing - not even a massive amount of money but it's the principal of it.