Uluru (ayers rock)

Bull & Crab

Hi, Has anyone done the the overnight trip from Sydney to Uluru? There seems to be a lot of travelling involved but is the end result worth it? Have you a rough idea of the cost involved? Any further information or tips would be appreciated.

When we went to Australia (not on a cruise) and flew from Sydney to Ayres Rock and stayed a few days there and Kings Canyon. If you get the chance to go I'd say take it, as it's awesome to see Uluru at dawn and at sunset. Something I'll never forget.

I didn't know there was a trip from the cruise ship, but that's probably because although I have considered a cruise around Australia / New Zealand, I haven't looked into trips from the ship. If you can get the chance, I'd say go for it.

post in ports of call Australia better local information there or TripAdvisor good luck Aussie

Thank you I have re-posted as you suggested. I originally put it on a P&O thread because we will be doing a P&O cruise next year which will include Sydney.

Did it on a trip to Oz a few years back. Disappointing. Best view was from the plane window. We did the sunrise and sunset tours and in both cases, we felt let down. We would rather have been on the other side of the rock with sun rising and setting behind us, instead it was behind the rock. It's about a four hour flight from Sydney, and as it's in the middle of nowhere and the hotel company has a monopoly, the prices are expensive and service not too hot (unlike the weather!).