Have You/Will You/Are you considering canceling your Quantum or Anthem Cruise?

Quantum Cancellations  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Quantum Cancellations

• I've Canceled my Existing QoS or AoS
    • I'm Considering Canceling my Existing QoS or AoS
    • I won't consider QoS AoS reservations
    • The change in Home Ports will not affect my decision

I'm on my phone. Is there an actual poll somewhere?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, the poll doesn't display from the mobile app, but it is in this thread if you view it on a computer.

Seems to be a short fall of the mobile app :(

We and our friends had been anxiously waiting for the release of the Quantum May 2015 itineraries -- but, China was not what we'd had in mind. Obviously, we won't be making that booking. We may try again for Anthem in May of 2016 -- if they really do keep her stateside, that is. :confused:

I too am looking forward to Summer 2016 Itineraries (I'm guessing I won't see them for about a year from now).

I'd love to do a longer cruise. 12 nights would be great!!

Ok. Poll done. We have a group of 20 that was anxiously awaiting the Quantum summer 2015 dates, we live about 90 mins from Bayonne. So disappointed with the move. But, we would have been happy to book Liberty if the pricing wasn't so ridiculously high. It's cheaper to fly to Fort Lauderdale & sail Oasis. So, no Quantum or Anthem for us. I hope Royal gets real about Liberty's rates. I love Royal, I wasn't impressed with NCL Breakaway last year. But doesn't mean I would rather pay double for Royal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We loved the Oasis class ships. We sailed Allure and had an amazing time. I really don't want to pay for AF for the entire family, but if the price is too inflated, we'll fly to Florida again.

I'm anxiously awaiting the itinerary for Oasis III.

We will likely cancel because of the introduction of Dynamic Dining, and will move our reservation over to a ship that has a traditional MDR.

We would book Liberty from NJ, however the prices for the summer are outrageous. I could take two cruises on a different ship for the same price.

We will likely cancel because of the introduction of Dynamic Dining, and will move our reservation over to a ship that has a traditional MDR.

We would book Liberty from NJ, however the prices for the summer are outrageous. I could take two cruises on a different ship for the same price.

Interesting Point Donna!

Would you no longer be "Loyal to Royal" if Dynamic Dining were rolled out fleet wide?

I ask because usually, the way things go when it comes to changes to dining, they tend to roll them out fleet wide over time.

I'm guessing that the new Oasis Class will get a dining room makeover, splitting it into several dining rooms and will include Dynamic Dining.

It'll be more difficult to do this with ships that have gone through revitalization, but for those that are still to go through this process, I'm guessing they may get this concept implemented in some way, shape or form.

I'm booked for next March 1st. What RCI does with the ship after my cruise matters not. My opinion may change after sailing on Quantum. I very much doubt RCI will abandon the NJ/NY market.

I see that you're currently booked on the Quantum 3 nighter. Wouldn't you consider keeping that ressie since it's only a short cruise to try out Dynamic Dining for yourself? That way you can make an informed decision on how you feel about it. I understand how you feel because my first reaction to the DD news was that I prefer the traditional dining experience too, however, I like the opportunity to try something new. The new restaurants and menus look good and the ability to dine at more than 1 free restaurant on a cruise may not be that bad. But at least I'll know for sure because I'm going to give it a try.

Edited by yj2cute

I see that you're currently booked on the Quantum 3 nighter. Wouldn't you consider keeping that ressie since it's only a short cruise to try out Dynamic Dining for yourself? That way you can make an informed decision on how you feel about it. I understand how you feel because my first reaction to the DD news was that I prefer the traditional dining experience too, however, I like the opportunity to try something new. The new restaurants and menus look good and the ability to dine at more than 1 free restaurant on a cruise may not be that bad. But at least I'll know for sure because I'm going to give it a try.

LOL - that's exactly why I haven't canceled yet. Also, I booked the day bookings opened while onboard the Jewel and got an excellent deal. Balcony cabins have since doubled in price

We do not eat in specialty restaurants because we refuse to pay extra for food. With so few included restaurants onboard, each with just one menu, on a full-length cruise we would be repeating menus several times over. As well, we don't want to bother with reservations or long waiting times, like some of our family/friends have experienced on NCL with Freestyle dining.

Interesting Point Donna!

Would you no longer be "Loyal to Royal" if Dynamic Dining were rolled out fleet wide?

I ask because usually, the way things go when it comes to changes to dining, they tend to roll them out fleet wide over time.

I'm guessing that the new Oasis Class will get a dining room makeover, splitting it into several dining rooms and will include Dynamic Dining.

It'll be more difficult to do this with ships that have gone through revitalization, but for those that are still to go through this process, I'm guessing they may get this concept implemented in some way, shape or form.

We aren't really loyal to Royal anymore. Our last cruise on Celebrity was significantly better than our last cruise on RCI, and if we didn't already have some next cruise certificates, we probably would move over to other lines now. I think Dynamic Dining will be the last straw that pushes us towards other ships and other lines that still offer traditional dining.

Edited by DonnaK

Best news yet about Quantum going to China

Direct flight from Melbourne to Shanghai.

Maglev Train from Airport

Tons of Chinese Tucker in Shanghai before boarding.

Probably more Asian food onboard than at the moment.

High speed Trains all over China post cruise .

Most Infrastructure brand new

Direct flight from Beijing

Win Win Win allround .

Best news yet about Quantum going to China

Direct flight from Melbourne to Shanghai.

Maglev Train from Airport

Tons of Chinese Tucker in Shanghai before boarding.

Probably more Asian food onboard than at the moment.

High speed Trains all over China post cruise .

Most Infrastructure brand new

Direct flight from Beijing

Win Win Win allround .

That's a matter of perspective. We here in the NJ/NY area aren't exactly ecstatic. :rolleyes:

That's a matter of perspective. We here in the NJ/NY area aren't exactly ecstatic. :rolleyes:

We'll have Anthem year round. No worries!

(Yeah, I know nothing official has been said yet. It's inevitable.)

We'll have Anthem year round. No worries!

(Yeah, I know nothing official has been said yet. It's inevitable.)

Certainly hope so! Come on Bermuda!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I originally said no I would not cancel my Quantum or Anthem cruise. I have since changed my mind.

For $300 total, we changed from an obstructed view balcony 12 night on Anthem and booked a B2B D1 aft balcony on the Brilliance for a 13 night repositioning followed by a 5 night cruise from Tampa (same aft balcony).

12 nights verses 18 nights and an aft balcony was a no brainer for us.

If we had not booked the Quantum on opening day with a great price, we probably would have kept our Anthem cruise.

I originally said no I would not cancel my Quantum or Anthem cruise. I have since changed my mind.

For $300 total, we changed from an obstructed view balcony 12 night on Anthem and booked a B2B D1 aft balcony on the Brilliance for a 13 night repositioning followed by a 5 night cruise from Tampa (same aft balcony).

12 nights verses 18 nights and an aft balcony was a no brainer for us.

If we had not booked the Quantum on opening day with a great price, we probably would have kept our Anthem cruise.

Smart choice.

Cancelled our Anthem Balcony and switched to a hump balcony on Allure in the Mediterranean in 2015 instead.

Better cruise, better price, no more port-switching hassles.

I loved Allure! You'll have a great time!!

If I may ask, what was the driver that sent you seeking a different cruise?

Also, if you wouldn't mind, if you haven't done so already, could you respond to the survey at the top of the page as well?

Thanks again!!

I loved Allure! You'll have a great time!!

If I may ask, what was the driver that sent you seeking a different cruise?

Also, if you wouldn't mind, if you haven't done so already, could you respond to the survey at the top of the page as well?

Sure.

With the move of Quantum to China...that option was no longer in play. With the move of Anthem to Bayonne, that option was no longer desirable when compared to the original Ft. Lauderdale port location. In our case, the idea of traveling to a northern port to go to a Caribbean cruise set of destinations made little sense, especially during peak cruise periods where the weather in Bayonne is marginal at various times.

To avoid all that drama and questionable cruise choices, we decided to look at a new and different experience via a known and proven commodity - Allure of the Seas. We've been on Oasis previously, so we know and appreciate what that class ship has to offer. With Allure moving to the Mediterranean in 2015, that proved to be alluring (pun intended). :)

Sailing on Quantum 8-night in March, 2015. Despite the 2-port itinerary (San Juan & Labadee overnight), we're keeping the reservation. Booked it the first week it was available. We're in a D8.

Was happy when Anthem was announced to be sailing out of Cape Liberty, so I impulsively booked an SJS for March 2016 (8 night Bahamas) the hour it opened. However, the price kinda wasn't sitting well with us.

So after doing much research, ended up switching the Anthem booking to an 8-night Bahamas on Grandeur in April, 2016. We're now in a GS & the cost is over $1500 less than Anthem (mostly thanks to BOGOHO).

We'll go on Anthem at some point, but felt the price difference was too good to pass up.

Edited by Nabalab

Sorry to say, but we are strongly considering cancelling. I have four balconies on Deck 13. Having nine in our group has proven a disaster with the Dynamic Dining. It limits us mostly to very early or very late dining. I have not even tried the entertainment reservations yet. But more than that, the itinerary is terrible. Two islands in eight days! I have always loved cruising because of the simple planning. Making all of these reservations for dining and entertainment is too difficult. Sorry to complain, I am just frustrated. What began as a once in a lifetime family vacation on a new and exciting RCCL ship, has turned into more trouble than it is worth. We are looking into Plan B.

Sorry to say, but we are strongly considering cancelling. I have four balconies on Deck 13. Having nine in our group has proven a disaster with the Dynamic Dining. It limits us mostly to very early or very late dining. I have not even tried the entertainment reservations yet. But more than that, the itinerary is terrible. Two islands in eight days! I have always loved cruising because of the simple planning. Making all of these reservations for dining and entertainment is too difficult. Sorry to complain, I am just frustrated. What began as a once in a lifetime family vacation on a new and exciting RCCL ship, has turned into more trouble than it is worth. We are looking into Plan B.

Just a question, I was able to make dining reservations for a party of five for our March 13, 2015 Quantum cruise. However the entertainment reservations for that sailing date aren't available yet.

Any idea how soon before the cruise they will be listed?

Thanks

Edited by Cruise a holic

I feel the same as you do. It can be overwhelming.