paris tours?

sharon fortune

And another suggestion. They have what they call the "Bat-o-Bus" which is a boat that travels the Seine. It's like the Hop On/Hop Off Bus, but it's a boat.

http://www.batobus.com/english/index.htm

It was a hike from the train station where we stored our luggage, but if you are staying in Paris, maybe a cab would be good to get there. We were sorry we didn't utilize a cab.

in 2001 we took 3 walking tours - 2 in the marais - 1 in montmartre -

with paris-walks dot com

last year we took 1 in london owned by same couple - at westminster abbey -

had planned to take them for the british museum and london tower but we ended

up going at different times

anyway they hire marvelous guides who really love their job & know so much

about the history, art, architecture, culture, etc.

we are going with them again in paris in 2016 when we take our 17 & 12 yr old grandchildren -

there is so much to see everywhere that it is more meaningful to have a guide to tell you

about & make sure you see the most important ones

the cost is minimal for a 2 hour walk about 12 euros - usually you meet the group

above ground at a metro stop - no reservations - just show up

Edited by loma linda ca a & j

Last year, our British Isles cruise called to Le Havre. Since I had never been to Paris, I wanted to make the most of our time there. So we took the train into town and arranged for half day tour of Paris.

We used Baron's Limousine Service for a 4 hour tour = 280 euros all included. The driver met us at the train station, and drove us around to the sites. He spoke good English, and made great recommendations of things we should see. He also recommended a wonderful, local restaurant for lunch.

Obviously, in 4 hours we weren't able to explore anything in great detail. But now I've "seen" Paris and know where I'll want to spend more time when I go back.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you docking Le Harve? How are you getting to Paris?

We docked Le Harve in Dec. '12 and I pre-booked our Eiffel Tower tickets before we left home. You pay and print out your voucher to bring with you. You will have to wait in line if you don't and they may be sold out for the time you want to go up Eiffel. Even in Dec. it was difficult to get tickets. The only time available for us to go up was 1 pm so we worked our tour of the city around our Eiffel time. It is so worth it going to the top, spectacular scenery. It is about 1.5 hr. from time you ascend to time you descend and get off. It was so crowded that you couldn't do much but walk around each level and enjoy the views, take pics, etc. BEWARE of pickpocketers at the top. They were constantly making announcements on the PA system about this. Guard your belongings!

• 2 weeks later...
in 2001 we took 3 walking tours - 2 in the marais - 1 in montmartre -

with paris-walks dot com

last year we took 1 in london owned by same couple - at westminster abbey -

had planned to take them for the british museum and london tower but we ended

up going at different times

anyway they hire marvelous guides who really love their job & know so much

about the history, art, architecture, culture, etc.

we are going with them again in paris in 2016 when we take our 17 & 12 yr old grandchildren -

there is so much to see everywhere that it is more meaningful to have a guide to tell you

about & make sure you see the most important ones

the cost is minimal for a 2 hour walk about 12 euros - usually you meet the group

above ground at a metro stop - no reservations - just show up

Hi, We will be in Paris in the fall. This company looks so interesting. Thanks for the reference --I will be contacting them. Also, they have a good reading list.

Carol

We are doing a day tour to Paris from London on a Saturday in June. I was wondering about using a credit card for any extra expenses, snacks, some shopping, etc.

I will be getting some euros from my bank, so was wondering if the credit would be sufficient, and if not, what might be needed for a few incidentals.

Thank you in advance, Jeanne:D