Royal questions

mysusie45

Two questions concerning upcoming cruise on the Royal.

1. Where do the "panoramic lifts" go? Have read so much concerning lack of central lifts but these seem to be centrally located. Do they only serve the decks with public areas?

2. Paperwork we received indicated I have to call a number in Berlin to reconfirm our Princess transfer because we are flying in the day before embarkation. Asked Princess rep about this and was told I didn't have to call. Papers say if I don't call they can't guarantee that the transfer will be provided. Anyone have experience with this type of situation?

1. Where do the "panoramic lifts" go? Have read so much concerning lack of central lifts but these seem to be centrally located. Do they only serve the decks with public areas?

2. Paperwork we received indicated I have to call a number in Berlin to reconfirm our Princess transfer because we are flying in the day before embarkation. Asked Princess rep about this and was told I didn't have to call. Papers say if I don't call they can't guarantee that the transfer will be provided. Anyone have experience with this type of situation?

The 2 panoramic lifts go from deck 5 all the way to Lido. There are 4 additional elevators in the lobby just opposite them.

I can't answer for Berlin, but we didn't have to confirm our transfers in London and we were there three days ahead. :) Have a wonderful time.

Edited by Mom33

For a transfer to the port from Berlin, check with SPB Tours (http://www.spb-tours.com/). I know they've put together a transfer to the ship for the Royal in September and they may very well have a transfer at other times or even include a tour and transfer. They are very highly rated on Trip Advisor. I've used them and know that they're terrific.

Comments have been about the lack of central staircase, not lack of central lifts.