Question Regarding Scenic Oceanview 6J

PSkinner

Yes, since those windows face forward under the navigation bridge, at night you would have to keep the curtains closed. (And you definitely need to as from outside and lights on in your cabin anyone could see perfectly inside.) Although if you wanted to, you could open them up if you kept the cabin lights off (assuming you wanted to see the night sky or something)

As far as during the daytime, the new windows still have the "one way" reflective film on them so unless someone presses up against the window AND your cabin lights are on, you should not be able to see inside. Although if you are changing I would probably shut the curtains just in case.

As far as seeing into the room on 4J's during the day, it will depend on which ship. We have had a few of these and on some you can put your face up against the glass and still can not see in, but on others you can see in if you get within a few feet of the window.

All of the 4J's we have had were above the bridge and we were never told to close the curtains.

When we sailed on the Sunshine TA last, we were in a 4J..below the bridge so we kept those curtains closed at night as requested.

Via a cabin crawl, we met folks who were in 6J, scenic ocean view cabins. Those folks hosted a couple of get togethers which we attended. They were showing off the motorized shades used in those cabins..no curtains needed!! I asked them about if they were advised to keep those shades closed at night and they pretty much said they were not, as they kept them open at night for what they described as great views of the night time skies.

I've been on several ships where the doors out to the secret decks are locked at night. I thought that was the norm for all ships, is it not?

Hmmm......We've done several cruises in 4J's and use the doors to the forward decks often...sometimes late at night...only times we've ever seen them locked is during high winds...

• 2 weeks later...

The Freedom does have the new 6J and 6K cabins. #9196 is the only 6J designed for two people, the others are all for four occupants.

The 6K cabins are only available (at least for now) for booking on the Freedom over the phone (and even then you will have to convince them that the Freedom got these rooms upgraded during dry dock). #9201 is designed for 2 occupants and the port cabin is designed for 4.

We were in a 6k on our last cruise on the Valor. There was a sign about keeping the shades closed at night, but we opened them with the lights off, so no problem as far as the bridge, but I wouldn't if there was a walkway outside as in the 4J's. Not looking for someone to see in at night.

I'll have to try one for our next Carnival cruise.

There is very few on the ships that have them. At times they do not even show up on the Carnival booking page, you might have to call to book. For the price, they are a great deal.

We had a 6K on the Sunshine, loved it.

What rooms are listed as 6K on the Sunshine? Some IS with walkway or obstructed views just opened, but I assume these rooms are Scenic OCV's (which are almost impossible to get). Thanks!!!!

We had a 6J on the Sunshine recently and loved it. The curtain was closed each night when we came in and we opened it after turning off all of the lights and could see the stars from our bed as well as the sun rising in the mornings. Our room steward said as long as the lights were off that was fine.

1966886_10202794780584758_3473504167550768234_n.jpg

1377187_10202794774744612_4565461153150131911_n.jpg

Edited by bjd2
retry image post

I've been on several ships where the doors out to the secret decks are locked at night. I thought that was the norm for all ships, is it not?

Hi, we are booking a cruise next year and looking to do the scenic ocean view. But what secret decks? Our booking is for the Conquest. I didn't know there are secret decks.

Delk

But what secret decks? Our booking is for the Conquest.

On decks 6, 7 and 10 go all the way forward down the hallway and you can go outside there. These areas are what this refers to.

What rooms are listed as 6K on the Sunshine? Some IS with walkway or obstructed views just opened, but I assume these rooms are Scenic OCV's (which are almost impossible to get). Thanks!!!!

We had 9111, I think there is only two on the Sunshine.