Any advicre about Above and Beyond all day glacier trek from Juneau?

2011mom

My family and I are cruising Alaska this July, and I'm considering this 7.5 hour hike. I have a couple of questions: We can do a private hike or a group hike. The private hike would be a couple of hundred $ more for the family, but would allow us to rappel into an ice cave which sounds really cool. Has anyone done wither the private or group hike who can offer an opinion?

this trek is about the same cost as doing a helicopter ride with a glacier landing. I'm leaning toward the hike because I love hiking and would love to spend a lot of time on (and in!) the glacier, but would love opinions!

Thanks!

This is a consistantly raved about tour and vendor.

I have been paying more and booking private tours for several years. For me the benefits far outweight any costs. (I don't care anyway) (an example, I'm paying $850 for two of us on a boat tour, in a few weeks because of my specific priorities. I am fortunate, I am not on any budget, live for today!!)

We did this in 2008. I think we went with a group hike, but it was just myself, my husband, and a solo female traveler (not on a cruise). We didn't do any ice caves but we did get to hike to and then on the glacier. It was amazing. Just... breath-taking. It was my one "must do" on our last cruise and I don't regret it.

It was a hard hike, though - but I've since had corrective knee surgery, so it would probably be easier now even though I'm older.

Still. It was a great experience.