Cabin Assignments

smeesme

Hi, I'm new to MSC but have been on Carnival and RCCL cruises before. I've booked a guarantee interior cabin. This is a silly question but how do you check if you've been assigned a cabin on their website. Other than the online web check in (which is only passport info), I can't seem to find anything that shows information about a booked cruise.

Thanks for helping.

Didn't you select the stateroom when you made the reservation?

If you completed an order with someone over the phone, or used a travel agent, you're not going to have the same control and access as you do if you did it yourself via the website.

If all you did was get a guarantee for a particular room level, it's possible they haven't even submitted the order yet.

Edited by MotownVoice

smeesme, apparently not everyone is aware of booking a cabin "guarantee". If you booked with a TA or by calling them direct, you will have to contact them for the cabin number (though you won't know when it's assigned). BTW, there is no such thing as an "order". Either you're booked or you aren't.

I can't answer to where to look if you actually booked on the website. Not sure if you can see it or not. However, they won't issue your cruise documents till a cabin is assigned. That way when you get them, the correct cabin number will be on your luggage tags.

Bret

Hi Bret,

Thank you for the reply. We don't really care where our cabin is so we're happier taking the savings. We've booked with a travel agent this time around so I guess I'll check with them closer to the time.

How do the cruise documents get issued? Are they emailed closer to the sail date? Thanks!

Hi Bret,

Thank you for the reply. We don't really care where our cabin is so we're happier taking the savings. We've booked with a travel agent this time around so I guess I'll check with them closer to the time.

How do the cruise documents get issued? Are they emailed closer to the sail date? Thanks!

Yep, your TA should email them to you once they are notified by MSC that they are available. Don't fret as I have known them not to be issued sometimes as close as one week prior to sailing if the space is tight on your sailing though that is not typical.

Bret

Hi, I'm new to MSC but have been on Carnival and RCCL cruises before. I've booked a guarantee interior cabin. This is a silly question but how do you check if you've been assigned a cabin on their website. Other than the online web check in (which is only passport info), I can't seem to find anything that shows information about a booked cruise.

Thanks for helping.

They don't issue cabins to guarantees until close to the sailing date. What you are guanteed is the grade you requested as a guarantee or if your lucky a higher grade. This allows them to move bodies around the ship as bookings come in, and if a particular grade of cabin or section of the ship is unpopular they use the guarantees to fill that part ship. They prices for a guarantee are discounted over equivalent cabins so you get the lower price and sacrifice choice for that price.

They use it a lot in Europe as they have people embarking and disembarking at most ports on the circular, o,r out and return itineraries. Eg The E.Med cruises use Venice as home port for British guests but Bari for Irish guests.

Similarly W. Med home ports at Genoa for Brits and Barcelona for Irish.

Pete

smeesme, apparently not everyone is aware of booking a cabin "guarantee". If you booked with a TA or by calling them direct, you will have to contact them for the cabin number (though you won't know when it's assigned). BTW, there is no such thing as an "order". Either you're booked or you aren't.

I can't answer to where to look if you actually booked on the website. Not sure if you can see it or not. However, they won't issue your cruise documents till a cabin is assigned. That way when you get them, the correct cabin number will be on your luggage tags.

Bret

That is an interesting comment on when you get your documents. I am going on Orchestra in June. I have a guarantee cabin. And MSC has sent me the docs. The luggage tag says guarantee for the cabin number.

So in my case, it isn't true that MSC won't issue documents until a cabin is assigned.

Edited by IowaChuck

You could try going to the MSC website and logging into onboard services with your booking number and sail date. If your cabin has been allocated, it should tell you there.

Ah, you beat me to it Tim!

Tim is spot on, that is how I find out what cabin I've been assigned when I've booked a guarantee. Sometimes it is quite early on it's assigned, sometimes very close to the tickets being issued. Just keep checking every so often.

Ah, you beat me to it Tim!

Mairi, being in a time zone 2 hours ahead of you, I find, is the only way to beat you to it :) ! It will be back to an equal game when I return to the UK and BST on Sunday.

Would an independent Scotland change time zones? I am all prepared to apply for citizenship.

Mairi, being in a time zone 2 hours ahead of you, I find, is the only way to beat you to it :) ! It will be back to an equal game when I return to the UK and BST on Sunday.

Would an independent Scotland change time zones? I am all prepared to apply for citizenship.

Now don't do that, as I'll be moving South of the Border if the vote goes the wrong way!