norwegian = worst customer service department ever

accmiller

Did you call the guest relation team as NCL asks us to do here on cruise critic :confused:??

I did. Three times. I am in my office so I was able to work while waiting but each time I was on hold 90 minutes, 60 minutes, and 45 minutes. The last time I finally got a live voice who directed me to a spot on the website to post my problem in writing. That was on Thursday. I still haven't received a reply. I posted again on the "contact guest relations survey" this morning.

Believe me, at this point I would prefer nothing more than to come on here and tell everyone that my issue has been resolved.

I am so sorry this happened to you. My online TA has been handling my problems for me. There is still an issue with NCL using my daughters maiden name instead of her married name even though I booked under her married name. It is suppose to be changed by the end of the week. I hope you at least get your cancellation fees reimbursed.

Just sent an email to it.

So four conversations with guest services on board, three phone calls into the guest relations line, 2 posts on the guest relations post cruse feedback site, conversations with 2 different cruise consultants and still not one conversation with a person with any power to resolve the situation.

Amazing.

Just sent an email to it.

So four conversations with guest services on board, three phone calls into the guest relations line, 2 posts on the guest relations post cruse feedback site, conversations with 2 different cruise consultants and still not one conversation with a person with any power to resolve the situation.

Amazing.

And 61 posts to CC.

We were on the getaway for spring break and what a disaster. We were a family of four and had originally booked one mini-suite. After some more thought we decided that wasn't going to be enough room so we called norwegian and asked to change to two adjoining rooms. No problem. We just needed to pay a cancellation fee and then we could rebook. Huh??? All we wanted to do was add a room. Anyways we went ahead with it and then our consultant told us since we were putting the kids in the other room it would be safer to give them an inside cabin across the hall instead of a balcony. Seemed to make sense to us so we booked and paid the difference. Well when we go on the ship we found out the inside cabin was indeed across the hall but the door to the inside cabin was not. In order to get to that cabin you basically had to walk all the way down the hall, across, and back up the hall on the other side of the ship. For some reason, my wife didn't want our 6 year old that far away from us. So we called guest services. Guess what they didn't care. We were told we agreed to that arrangement and there was nothing they could do. I told them we didn't agree to that at all. They said they would look into. I called the next day and no record of my complaint. What a surprise. They still didn't do anything so we had to cram all four of us into a room that was designed for 3 people. When I got back I sat on hold on their customer service line for 90 minutes and still didn't get a live body. Emailed our cruise consultant twice and nothing. I did log-into the site and was called within 20 minutes by a cruise consultant asking if I needed help booking a cruise. When I told them my problem I never heard from them again.

The shame of it all is the getaway was a beautiful boat but ncl's complete lack of customer service for issues has resigned me to never using them again. If anyone every asked me if they should book a cruise with them I will do everything in my power to stop them.

Though I am sorry things turned out badly for you, how does your response help your situation, or anyone else's, for that matter? I just don't get the "revenge" thing...

Your post, as factual info regarding the layout of the cabins, was very helpful, though, for cruisers who want to sail with NCL and who will not allow the same mistake that happened to you happen to them. So in that regard, like it or not, you have helped folks to sail happily with NCL.

I fear the customer service lapse you experienced is not at all exclusive to NCL; many posts I have read on many other cruise line threads suggest it is a widespread problem. Most pax don't experience bad customer service because they do not have issues on their cruise. Those who experience issues often report similar customer service defects. You are not alone.

Though I am sorry things turned out badly for you, how does your response help your situation, or anyone else's, for that matter? I just don't get the "revenge" thing...

Your post, as factual info regarding the layout of the cabins, was very helpful, though, for cruisers who want to sail with NCL and who will not allow the same mistake that happened to you happen to them. So in that regard, like it or not, you have helped folks to sail happily with NCL.

I fear the customer service lapse you experienced is not at all exclusive to NCL; many posts I have read on many other cruise line threads suggest it is a widespread problem. Most pax don't experience bad customer service because they do not have issues on their cruise. Those who experience issues often report similar customer service defects. You are not alone.

I am not looking for revenge, just resolution. I am amazed that nobody has called me yet. For goodness sakes, I have been a little persistent but nowhere near rude with them. Everyone I have talked to I have treated with respect. It shouldn't be this way and shouldn't be tolerated in my opinion. It was our first cruise and we were really looking forward to it. Still had a great time but we were away for a week in the Caribbean. Hard not to have a great time. If this is typical why aren't you better off just going to a resort?

I understand your frustration. Customer service is mostly a thing of the past. Ever try calling an Airline, cable company cell phone service, the list goes on. I do not even bother anymore, tired of taking to people I can't understand being put on hold forever. They want you to hang up and not bother them. I just gave up they won, sorry but it's better the giving myself a heart attack. I now use a travel agent and only do business with face to face conversations with providers of services I want.

I am not looking for revenge, just resolution. I am amazed that nobody has called me yet. For goodness sakes, I have been a little persistent but nowhere near rude with them. Everyone I have talked to I have treated with respect. It shouldn't be this way and shouldn't be tolerated in my opinion. It was our first cruise and we were really looking forward to it. Still had a great time but we were away for a week in the Caribbean. Hard not to have a great time. If this is typical why aren't you better off just going to a resort?

I would guess that your biggest issue is that you have calls and emails in to too many places. I would pick one and work thru that source.

If it were me (YMMV), I would put this on the PCC. It appears that your issue is tied to the incorrect infomation that the PCC gave to you. Having the PCC work this issue is important since this will be the person who can verify that you were given incorrect information. Everyone else is going to have to go back to the PCC anyway.

I would give the PCC a reasonable time frame to get back to you with a resolution (48-72 hours would not be unreasonable). Tell him/her if you don't hear from them in that timeframe, that you want the issue escalated to their direct supervisor.

I understand your frustration. Customer service is mostly a thing of the past. Ever try calling an Airline, cable company cell phone service, the list goes on. I do not even bother anymore, tired of taking to people I can't understand being put on hold forever. They want you to hang up and not bother them. I just gave up they won, sorry but it's better the giving myself a heart attack. I now use a travel agent and only do business with face to face conversations with providers of services I want.

I would agree to a point about cell service cust service. They are horrible and nasty. On the other hand a company of the same name who handles my computer landline and tv couldn't be nicer and more accommodating to me. While they may have the same name the wireless Is useless from a cust service standoff

There is also a wonderful airline out there as well. While they may be the only airline with great customer service I assure they do exist!! Lol

I would agree to a point about cell service cust service. They are horrible and nasty. On the other hand a company of the same name who handles my computer landline and tv couldn't be nicer and more accommodating to me. While they may have the same name the wireless Is useless from a cust service standoff

There is also a wonderful airline out there as well. While they may be the only airline with great customer service I assure they do exist!! Lol

Im sure some do exist but I gave up dont care anymore. They wore me down.

I had one bad and one REALLY bad customer "service" issue with NCL five+ years ago. We were suite/haven type folks, the experiences, especially the last one, left such a bad taste we've never sailed NCL again. And, we really liked the ship within a ship concept.

I'm considering trying my luck again, as the Haven and its upgrades looks interesting, and the prices competitive.

That doesn't take away the fact that the customer service dept. isn't exactly warm and fuzzy.

patience and persistence will pay off in this situation. Fortunately, I have not had a cruise ship issue to date... I had an issue with Delta once. After a year of e-mails-not daily, but consistently about my disappointment with their service, I finally got a response, the apology and the compensation I had been looking for. Good luck to you and I hope you get the resolution you are seeking.

Im sure some do exist but I gave up dont care anymore. They wore me down.

I understand that. I too have given up with ever getting any satisfaction from the wireless cust service people. Incredibly nasty from supervisors to clerks. I just make sure these days that the bill is correct and pay it

We have a family plan with 6 cells on it so I pay them a lot if money each month but we are all just waiting for the individual contracts to expire and then good bye!!!

I had one bad and one REALLY bad customer "service" issue with NCL five+ years ago. We were suite/haven type folks, the experiences, especially the last one, left such a bad taste we've never sailed NCL again. And, we really liked the ship within a ship concept.

I'm considering trying my luck again, as the Haven and its upgrades looks interesting, and the prices competitive.

That doesn't take away the fact that the customer service dept. isn't exactly warm and fuzzy.

At this point I don't need warm and fuzzy. I would settle for a conversation with someone who can actually help me. I don't care at this point if they even told me there is nothing they are willing to do. At least I would know their official stance and I can write them off as a never again.

We booked this six months in advance and paid top dollar. We were there with two other families who did as well. We had a final incidentals bill at the end of the cruise that was larger than some nation's GDP. You would think they would want to appease us in some way, but I would settle for a phone call at this point.

At this point I don't need warm and fuzzy. I would settle for a conversation with someone who can actually help me. I don't care at this point if they even told me there is nothing they are willing to do. At least I would know their official stance and I can write them off as a never again.

We booked this six months in advance and paid top dollar. We were there with two other families who did as well. We had a final incidentals bill at the end of the cruise that was larger than some nation's GDP. You would think they would want to appease us in some way, but I would settle for a phone call at this point.

Ask Susan if she can help you @ The Executive resolution desk After 10:00 am 1-800-327-9020-ext. 7599

Edited by biker@sea

did you get any response from the social media email address yet?

Bill

That was my thought. Try and make a bad situation better

It was a family vacation and we just preferred to be together. It may seem silly considering we booked two cabins but our thought process was the kids could hangout in both rooms. That ended up not being possible.

Honestly, are you not at this point already?

The cruise was nice and the kids had a blast. My only concern is the lack of a system it seems that NCL has to handle stuff like this. I am a person that is gladly willing to pay a premium to make life easier when we are on vacation. I can accept mistakes but I expect a company to take ownership of a mistake and try to make things right. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt but it sure does seem like norwegian does whatever they can to avoid that right now.

A simple phone call would go a long way.