Packing... Ladies help! Oh, men can help too!

and for how long...

I never pack duct tape, umbrella ( I would if I was going to London), jeans (I would if i was going to Alaska), I could wear a pair of jeans on the plane.

I never wear a jacket, unless it is a denim or something that will work with all my clothes...I take my nook and leave books and travel guides home.

Before I leave, I review my choices. I have tossed shirts out of the suitcase when I see they do not work with the bottoms/skirts I have chosen.

If you have weight restrictions on your bag...sort out your clothes by weight as you pare it down...

Bernadette

LOL! I do the exact opposite...I review my choices but I always end up throwing something in at the last second!:eek: Different strokes for difference folk!:D

I wouldn't worry about bringing foundation or any type of heavy makeup. I LOVE the skin-evening, color match creams (Almay has a great hypoallergenic one) with sunscreen. It's pretty light, evens out everything and provides sun protection!

I print a blank calendar for the duration of the cruise, and label the day's generic activities at the top of each day (sea day, port, etc.). Then I write down planned outfits (including undergarments - days you might need extra will even out with days you stay in swimwear all day). That is ALL that gets packed. And the calendar goes on top in the suitcase for reference. You can always switch around, but then you don't over pack. My kids do the same - it's the only way to make sure 3 boys don't UNDER pack! (Mom, did you pack my underwear?:eek:)

Whimsy88: Would love to know which Almay foundation you are referring to?? Also, I use a similar calendar method. I also keep a packing list on my PC and print it out for reference. After 18 cruises we now have our packing down to a science and ONLY bring what we will use, no more - no less.

To the OP: Follow other poster suggestions and lay out everything you think you'll need - then put half of it back! Bring as few shoes as possible. I only bring ONE pair for dinner in the dining room, a pair of sneakers, and a pair of flip flops. I only bring 2 pairs of black slacks and 3 blouses for dinner in the dining room. I wear things more than once - gasp!! My husband has even learned to do the same. :) Bring all travel size toiletries. We only check one bag each on the airline. I would love to get it down to one bag total, but haven't done it. We did, however, only bring ONE carryon for our last cruise. That was a big accomplishment. :)

Whimsy88: Would love to know which Almay foundation you are referring to??

I use Almay Smart Shade Anti-Aging Skin Tone Matching Makeup - http://www.almay.com/products/collections/smart-shade-collection.aspx

It's surprisingly light and works perfectly for me as a foundation. Any drug store or Walmart will have it (around $10 for a tube that usually lasts me a couple of months using it every day). I use a moisturizer with sunscreen and this makeup, a bit of eyeliner and run! I can't stand sunscreen on my face, so this daily routine gives me double protection and I don't have to mess with it.

I use Almay Smart Shade Anti-Aging Skin Tone Matching Makeup - http://www.almay.com/products/collections/smart-shade-collection.aspx

It's surprisingly light and works perfectly for me as a foundation. Any drug store or Walmart will have it (around $10 for a tube that usually lasts me a couple of months using it every day). I use a moisturizer with sunscreen and this makeup, a bit of eyeliner and run! I can't stand sunscreen on my face, so this daily routine gives me double protection and I don't have to mess with it.

this sounds so right for me too !!!

but do you use something different for your face

if you are going in the water ??

this sounds so right for me too !!!

but do you use something different for your face

if you are going in the water ??

You know, I've never really looked at the package, so I don't know if it's waterproof, but I've never had any issue with it coming off in the water. We did snorkel with sea turtles in Mexico when we vacationed at an AI down there - was out for about 2 hours, never reapplied, and never got sunburned. I don't "sunbathe" though, so I can't really address if you swim and then lay out in the sun without a hat or shade.

You know, I've never really looked at the package, so I don't know if it's waterproof, but I've never had any issue with it coming off in the water. We did snorkel with sea turtles in Mexico when we vacationed at an AI down there - was out for about 2 hours, never reapplied, and never got sunburned. I don't "sunbathe" though, so I can't really address if you swim and then lay out in the sun without a hat or shade.

i do not sunbathe either just like to snorkel - have fair skin plus with

some medications cannot be in sun too long without hat & sunscreen

am going to try the almay you suggested along w/ moisturizer w/ sunscreen in it !;)

Edited by loma linda ca a & j