Paying £10 for a better show seat?

Hi good Thomson folk,

I have just read here in a different thread about loyalty schemes. . . . . . . . .. . .

What a joke, they must think we are mugs !

Here's a few things I would like that would not cost them a penny yet give me more of an incentive to stay with Thomson.

1)Free Extra legroom seats on the flight out.

2)An express check in desk when leaving the coach transfer and boarding the ship.

3)Reserved seating at the shows instead of leaving the best seats empty because nobody wants to pay £10 for them

I could think of a dozen more that would not cost them a penny and I could use better than 20% of the SPA which I have never visited in all of my cruises.

Does this mean that they are now blocking off some seating every night in the theatres or show lounges and charging extra to get a better seat, I sincerely hope not?

I would like to hear if any recent cruisers have experienced this?

Have a nice day.

You could pay for 'better' seats when we were on the Dream in October - also got them at a 'bonus' price if you booked Steak Under The Stars (the cynical side of me thinks that was a ploy to get you out of the restaurant quickly!).

When we were on the Dream in March there were no signs in the show lounge stating that certain seats were pay only but they did advertise that as an add-on to Steak Under the Stars.

But here is the odd part. The seats that were being charged extra for were not the best seats. These remain free!

When we were on the Dream in March there were no signs in the show lounge stating that certain seats were pay only but they did advertise that as an add-on to Steak Under the Stars.

But here is the odd part. The seats that were being charged extra for were not the best seats. These remain free!

Don't tell them that or they soon won't be! :eek:

I agree, as some of the seats in a kind of semi circle meant you were looking at the stage sideways. :D

I agree, as some of the seats in a kind of semi circle meant you were looking at the stage sideways. :D

Shhhhhhhhh......... :eek::D

Why do I keep coming back to the conclusion that they haven't got a clue! :rolleyes:

Shhhhhhhhh......... :eek::D

Why do I keep coming back to the conclusion that they haven't got a clue! :rolleyes:

Very true the semi circle they save is not good unless you are the two who get the center seats. If you get the side seats in the circle it gets very uncomfortable twisting to see the show:confused: Plenty of better seats by far free to use:p

Very true the semi circle they save is not good unless you are the two who get the center seats. If you get the side seats in the circle it gets very uncomfortable twisting to see the show:confused: Plenty of better seats by far free to use:p

We are just back from the majesty you don't pay extra for seats all free we were in all areas in jubilee lounge also as far as restricted veiws are concerned not many at all .

its a no brainer....on dream we sat in the booth right next door to the pay per view ones for free! :) (actually it cost us £4.60 for the champagne cocktail)

we noticed that there were only 2 people in the booth (seats about 8) other people kept coming up and asking them if they could sit with them and they had to keep sending them away (slightly irritating I think?)

eventually people just pulled up some chairs and sat in front of them....(slightly irritating I expect?) :p

Edited by geomagot

The only seats I found to be comfy in the booths were the 4 in the middle.

If sitting at the side, my legs were facing one way and my upper body another, like something from the exorcist :eek:

I would prefer to sit anywhere else than at the side in those booths.