Should I change to aft balcony on Freedom?

b_cruise

I'm booked in 7408 on freedom. I've been reading a lot of great things about aft balconies. There are cabins available on 7 and 8 deck. Should I switch?

Also being a non smoker, is aft better in case of smokers on both sides?

I have had an aft-wrap on the Glory which is the same ship class and it was great. From what I could see of the aft balcony next to me the balcony is deeper than a standard balcony with 2 loungers, 1 chair, and a table. The cabin itself is very similar to a standard balcony cabin. I think the big attraction is the bigger balcony and the great view you get from the back of the ship.

I would also recommend getting one on Deck 7. You will have cabins above and below you which would cut down on the possibility of noise from the Lido Deck which is above Deck 8 and one of the clubs that is on Deck 5 below the Deck 6 cabins.

As far as the smoking concern, I don't think it would be an issue unless you had some chain smokers next door to you. Even then if you did the smoke is going to get caught in the breeze from the ship moving forward.

Edited by Eng23

Had an aft balcony on the Valor after two cruises in Premium balconies. You get a very nice view, but you can see everyone else who is on their balconies as the back dividers are angled. Our aft had a deeper and wider balcony, though I hear the wider part is only on the cabins next to the aft wraps. At least on the Valor anyway. I really liked it, but depending upon how many people are in the cabin, we preferred the Premium Balcony when we traveled with four people as it is bigger and just more spacious. Not sure if they have them on your ship, but something to check into. Last time we were a party of 3 so the aft was fine.

Yep it's available, why? Is it quiet? Is it worth $250 more?

It's bigger/wider than normal afts. The question of it its worth $250 more is personal. More than what? Other afts? A regular balcony? If it is the same as other afts and you were planning on moving to an aft, jump on it.

We hit the upgrade jackpot one cruise. Booked a Balcony Guarantee and ended up with the aft wrap-around balcony. THE coincidence of the trip was our tablemates had booked that cabin and changed their minds.... YIPPEE for us!

I'm booked in 7408 on freedom. I've been reading a lot of great things about aft balconies. There are cabins available on 7 and 8 deck. Should I switch?

Also being a non smoker, is aft better in case of smokers on both sides?

You may be just a bit late booking 8450... We Got it!

Sorry... been looking for this one or 8457 for either Eastern or Southern Carib, Only reason we booked this cruise - now I gotta put the GKids in Day camp... thats another story for another post.

Uncle Chuck

Sometimes Ya Just

Gotta say W T F !!!:D

We had 8450 last December and will have 8457 in June. The balcony is substantially larger than other aft balconies. I loved it! Only downside is some noise from Lido, but it did not bother us.

So you're the ONE:)

I booked the June cruise hoping to get 8457 or 8450 and settled for 8452.

Cancelled it when I found 8450 open July 13 for Southern Carib - Dragon Chic wanted that itinerary originally and this cabin... Her Birthday Wish is My Command:D

Uncle Chuck

Sometimes Ya Just

Gotta say W T F !!!

You may be just a bit late booking 8450... We Got it!

Sorry... been looking for this one or 8457 for either Eastern or Southern Carib, Only reason we booked this cruise - now I gotta put the GKids in Day camp... thats another story for another post.

Uncle Chuck

Sometimes Ya Just

Gotta say W T F !!!:D

LOL we cannot possibly further from you on our cruise! looks like party in your cabin!!