Upgrade question....

Here it is. I got Ocean view because they didn't have any balconies available at that time. I much prefer balconies. I paid, let's say $4800 for 4 people, kids sail free. I checked yesterday(web)for a balconies and some :mad:are available, at $5150... That price show that 3rd and 4rd person does not pay.(only taxes) so I called and ask if I could switch and pay the extra XXX money...only to be told that I would be charge for 3rd n 4rd person. So my difference in pay is about $2500. That is my problem, I cannot upgrade unless I can opt out of the promo?? Doesn't make sense....:mad::mad:

The promo may be for "New Bookings" only...cruiselines do this alot! If you have an existing booking, they won't let you take advantage of the promo.

Even if they are running the same promo now?

Thanks!!

Here it is. I got Ocean view because they didn't have any balconies available at that time. I much prefer balconies. I paid, let's say $4800 for 4 people, kids sail free. I checked yesterday(web)for a balconies and some :mad:are available, at $5150... That price show that 3rd and 4rd person does not pay.(only taxes) so I called and ask if I could switch and pay the extra XXX money...only to be told that I would be charge for 3rd n 4rd person. So my difference in pay is about $2500. That is my problem, I cannot upgrade unless I can opt out of the promo?? Doesn't make sense....:mad::mad:

It appears you initially booked under a special "kids sail free" and you want to upgrade under a new special "3rd and 4th does not pay". It's a good try but they are two different specials, and each of them are/were probably new bookings only.

Did you ask if you could cancel your first booking and book under the new special?

Edited by SPacificbound