Maasdam Fall 2005

mllewis48

I've not heard much about the Maasdam lately and was wondering what's new with her? I realize she's in the NE this summer. We have a 11 day out of Norfolk planned for this fall and wanted to hear any major/minor issues to see what we're in for? We sailed on her in January and had a great time.

Mr. Lewis

sail7seas did back-to-back cruises Canada/New England cruises on her just this past June.

Tomc also did back-to-back cruises on the Maasdam right after sail7seas.

And LAFFNVEGAS cruised on her right after tomc.

And right now RuthC is on a 35 day cruise on her. Read the thread entitled "The Happy Wanderer (Reprise).

We found Maasdam to be in wonderful condition and we had a great time.

At the moment, my DH and I are discussing exactly which Maasdam cruise we will next book. We will book another Maasdam cruise by the end of this week. We simply love that ship.

I'm not good at providing links but I found a thread I started when we returned from our June back-to-backs. I'll try to link it. Hope it works.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=196185

Thanks to all for the interesting information about the Maasdam, especially Tomc and the Woman of Inspiration, gotta a chuckle out of that one. As I said we were on the Maasdam in January on the 10 day and really liked the facxt that we did not have to fly to cruise. We live in Ohio and had a nice two day trip to Norfolk, stayed at the Raddison. Had dinner at Freemason Abby which was just great also.

We felt the Maasdam was just as beautiful as most HAL ships and we especially enjoy the smaller capacity ships, not quite as hectic. Now we'll Look forward to our next trip, only this time we'll try the 11 day since we have not been to Dominica and Barbados in quite awhile.

Thanks again

Hi!

Richard and I and our friends, the

Antles, booked today on the 11-day cruise on the Maasdam out of Norfolk....November 26th sailing.

This will be our third cruise on this ship....we did a transatlantic in 1999 and a caribbean cruise two years ago.

Hoping to see some familiar faces on this sailing.

Best regards and happy sailing,

Carol Ann

My family & I are booked on the November 5th cruise out of Norfolk. This will be our first cruise. We live here locally so it will be easy to travel for our first trip. Is there anyone else traveling on this date. I too have thought no one was going on the Maasdam this fall. :)

......"We live in Ohio and had a nice two day trip to Norfolk, stayed at the Raddison. Had dinner at Freemason Abby which was just great also."

We are booked on the Maasdam out of Norfolk for March. We did the eleven night last March and will do the same this year. Last year we drove down from Maryland the day of the cruise. This year we are planning on going down the night before and possibly staying at the Radisson, as you did. How was the parking there while you were gone and is it in a convenient location? If you don't mind me asking, do they have a "cruise special" which is a reasonable price and includes parking? thanks for any info you can give us.

We had a package deal when we stayed in January which I believe was right around $172.00 for our stay, parking, and transportation to and from the pier. The parking was fine and well protected as the lot is fenced in except for the entrances/exits.

We were very pleased

Mike

Archived