Dinner in GS with guests

We'll be traveling in a GS, but the couple we are traveling with will be in a balcony room. I understand they don't qualify for the same perks. However, what if we wanted to order room service dinner one night and eat on the balcony? Could we order enough for them to join us or is that frowned upon?

I was on my own in a GS on Allure last year and frequently had friends who were not in suites come for dinner. They never said a word and happily delivered everything we ordered :)

Enjoy!

However, in the GS, there is not dining table, only the cocktail table and the small table on the balcony. You can make it work but it is not the same as the regular dining table in the OS. It is a nice change of pace if you are flexible though. Enjoy that GS!

Yes...we've done it several times. As stated, it can be a fun change of pace - especially since you are cruising with some friends. We did this on our last cruise (on Explorer). Our friends were in a balcony. We ordered up dinner (and several lunches) for all of us. Never once were we ever "hassled" about our guests and/or the amount of food we ordered.

Thanks all! I don't like to feel like I'm being dishonest, I'm a rule follower...lol! It seemed like it would be ok, but I wanted to see what experiences others had. I'm glad to see it can be done without issue!

Next up...figuring out how to get drinks out of the CL for our friends. I kid, I kid! :p

Thank you for sharing. We enjoyed our GS on Explorer and are looking forward to it on Navigator. I wish it had a table inside, but we made do on the balcony for dinner. On other cruise lines at that suite level we had tables, but the bathroom was not as big as RCCL.

Thanks for the info. I had been wondering myself as we have RS booked for Alaska and traveling with relatives in a balcony. I figured it would be something different to do, especially if DH doesn't feel like dressing up for dinner:rolleyes:

There is never a limit to the amount of food you can order to your room so don't feel like you are being dishonest. You booked a suite for the extra space and we have even had the concierge help us plan get togethers in ours. Enjoy every minute! We were able to order chocolate covered strawberries and a cheese tray for sailaway thru the concierge and enjoyed it with out champagne. Get creative, you are paying for it.

Yes dinner for four on the balcony is great. You even get a better room service menu than others. I always tipped room service nicely and gave our cabin attendant a bonus cash up front because I knew he would be having extra to clean up. One evening we had 12 - I ordered fruit cheese platters and everyone brought own bottle of wine over . One couple just left there wine in our cabin and often came for pre dinner drinks .

One thing I did find our dinner was not real hot from room service .

Also take advantage and have guest for coffee and Danish on the balcony in the mornings or pizza in the afternoons . Enjoy.

We'll be traveling in a GS, but the couple we are traveling with will be in a balcony room. I understand they don't qualify for the same perks. However, what if we wanted to order room service dinner one night and eat on the balcony? Could we order enough for them to join us or is that frowned upon?

you can order as much as you like but the reality is, there will NOT be room to dine comfortably with all 4 of you.