The Great Lime Famine Of 2014 ...A Question!

Leaving on Explorer in a few weeks ... are we allowed to bring our own limes on board?

I know I've heard of people bringing snax onboard .. and limes are a fruit ... so can I ? I gotta have limes to go with my smuggled, er, uh ... nevermind that part! :p;)..

I guess you could just put them in your pockets... they won't set off the metal detectors... and as far as I know they have yet to install the lime detectors, although I hear the government has funded as feasibility study!!

As far as customs goes..they don't care what you take out of the country, only what you bring in.

No limes on the Explorer March 21 - 28, 2014

See? I'm definitely gonna bring a bunch of limes ... hey maybe I can do a little black market lime dealing on board ... $7.50 a piece sound reasonable?! :D

No limes on Freedom last weel until we got to St. Maarten. That evening I saw some limes in drinks.

Guess there is no shortage in the islands.

They had limes on the Liberty last week ... but no key lime pie (sigh).

last time I was on Liberty (2.5 yrs ago) all they had for key lime pie was that icky cocky sugar-free crap .. not the real thing ... :(

Hmm, limes were cheap at Sprouts this week - 3/$1.00. Would think they would be $1 apiece if there was a shortage

up here in Connecticut (where every damn thing is expensive) limes at my Shop Rite were 2 for $3.00 !!!!!:eek:

Leaving on Explorer in a few weeks ... are we allowed to bring our own limes on board?

I know I've heard of people bringing snax onboard .. and limes are a fruit ... so can I ? I gotta have limes to go with my smuggled, er, uh ... nevermind that part! :p;)..

We always bring limes onboard. Never a problem. We pack a duffle with snacks, limes, etc. for the cabin. Have never been questioned or stopped. The only restrictions is taking them off the ship in various countries, including the U.S. But never a problem bringing them on the ship.

No limes on the Jewel, April 26 sailing. The question was asked at the Captain's Q&A as to where the limes were. Apparently there is a line shortage and they are working to get them locally from the islands.

Decent sized limes at WALMART were 40cents each today! And they weren't large or juicy either. No limes on Navigator 3/23/14

Hey there, bighair! Limes at Albertson's here were 79 cents last week. And no limes on our Adventure 4/13 cruise.

~ ~ ~ Waving at Hairy Terri!! I'll be back on the Nav. the month after you. Maybe we'll wind up cruising together again. And I'll bring LIMES!

That would be great! Too bad we're having a near miss on Navigator this fall, though!

They got boxes and boxes of Limes pierside at ST Martins ready for our Atlantic crossing also Prunes .

Never found out about prune shortage tho.

Oh dear god ... thank you .. they found us some prunes .. I would have stayed home if not! :p