What happened to the 5 day Caribbean cruises

MrJulius

Had a great time on the Ruby in late April. We have been on 7 and 10 day cruises before. It was our first 5 day cruise. There seemed to be a lot of 4 and 5 day cruises in the Caribbean in March and April of this year.

I was going to book it again, or something like it, for next year and the pickins' are pretty slim.

I'm only seeing a 3 day on the Regal, and a 4 or 5 day on the CB.

???

Thanks,

MrJulius

Had a great time on the Ruby in late April. We have been on 7 and 10 day cruises before. It was our first 5 day cruise. There seemed to be a lot of 4 and 5 day cruises in the Caribbean in March and April of this year.

I was going to book it again, or something like it, for next year and the pickins' are pretty slim.

I'm only seeing a 3 day on the Regal, and a 4 or 5 day on the CB.

???

Thanks,

MrJulius

Princess never had cruises under 7 days and doing those 4's and 5's were something they were trying. Perhaps it didn't work out as well as expected. It's all about revenue and which ship will give them the greatest return.

They also put a ship back in Florida during the summer, which will definitely give them more business. In fact, we are booked on the CB in August for 9 days (a 4 and a 5).

Princess never had cruises under 7 days and doing those 4's and 5's were something they were trying. Perhaps it didn't work out as well as expected. It's all about revenue and which ship will give them the greatest return.

They also put a ship back in Florida during the summer, which will definitely give them more business. In fact, we are booked on the CB in August for 9 days (a 4 and a 5).

We are booked on a 5 day Sept 29th. Princess has removed the 4 day right before it and now offering it as a 9 day. Our 5 day is still available though. I thought this was strange but I guess it doesn't effect our sailing. Have you seen this happen before?

We are booked on a 5 day Sept 29th. Princess has removed the 4 day right before it and now offering it as a 9 day. Our 5 day is still available though. I thought this was strange but I guess it doesn't effect our sailing. Have you seen this happen before?

Do you want that 4 day? I bet you could get it by having your TA call Princess. Yes, it does happen, when one is not selling well and they figure that more people will want a 9 day than a four day. I for one would not like a 4 day, but when I do it B2B, it works for me.

Do you want that 4 day? I bet you could get it by having your TA call Princess. Yes, it does happen, when one is not selling well and they figure that more people will want a 9 day than a four day. I for one would not like a 4 day, but when I do it B2B, it works for me.

I don't think we would add the extra 4 days. It only goes to the private island and costs more then double of what we've paid for the 5 day. I'm taking my mom & sister - they've never been on Princess and I just want everything to be perfect. Just thought I'd check to see if this could be a problem. I see you cruise a lot and figured you would know. Thanks!!!

I don't think we would add the extra 4 days. It only goes to the private island and costs more then double of what we've paid for the 5 day. I'm taking my mom & sister - they've never been on Princess and I just want everything to be perfect. Just thought I'd check to see if this could be a problem. I see you cruise a lot and figured you would know. Thanks!!!

You think? LOL

Can't imagine what kind of problem you would expect. Each cruise is handled individually. Just go and have a good time. I'm sure your family will love Princess too.

We were on the Ruby for five days in February and had a wonderful cruise. It was our first on Princess. We wanted to book another in February 2015. There is only one 5 day offered in February of next year. It looks like they are running only a few short cruises next year. I did notice that a lot of cabins are sold already.

We were on the Ruby for five days in February and had a wonderful cruise.....There is only one 5 day offered in February of next year. It looks like they are running only a few short cruises next year. I did notice that a lot of cabins are sold already.

Maybe, maybe not. If this 5-day cruise is also sold as part of a b2b, then some cabins may only be available for booking the longer cruise.