St. Mark's guided tour question

agadora

Has anyone here experienced one of the following guided tours at St. Mark's in Venice?

-- St. Mark's Cathedral and It's Treasures (or)

-- St. Mark's Museum and Cathedral from Above

Both of the above tours are done by Veneto Inside and cost about the same. Plus, they both allow for skip-the-line entrance into the cathedral itself. I'd like to do the free tour at 11, but our Doge's Palace Tour timing prevents that.

I'd love feedback about the above two tours. I've read the descriptions and the Treasures tour focuses on The Golden Pall, Baptistery, and Zen Chapel and the Museum tour focuses on Mosaics and Tapestries.

Thoughts? Feedback? Thanks in advance! :)

Has anyone here experienced one of the following guided tours at St. Mark's in Venice?

Both of the above tours are done by Veneto Inside and cost about the same. Plus, they both allow for skip-the-line entrance into the cathedral itself. I'd like to do the free tour at 11, but our Doge's Palace Tour timing prevents that.

I'd love feedback about the above two tours. I've read the descriptions and the Treasures tour focuses on The Golden Pall, Baptistery, and Zen Chapel and the Museum tour focuses on Mosaics and Tapestries.

We will be taking the "St. Mark's Cathedral and It's Treasures" tour on May 16, 2014, at 12:15. Booked and paid for the tour with VenetionSide.com, which was the link from the St. Marks web site. Cost me 36 Euros for two.

Also booked and paid for the Doge's Secrets tour, which will be at 9:55 on May 16, 2014. This tour cost 41.50 Euros for two and was booked thru Viva Tickets.

Not sure why you are have a time conflict with taken the Doge Secrets tour and the "St. Mark's Cathedral and It's Treasures" tour, since both tours are only an hour and they have tours throughout the day.

http://www.venetoinside.com/en/tours-in-veneto/tour-details/st-marks-cathedral-and-its-treasures-summer-tour/

http://www.tickitaly.com/tickets/itineraries-tickets.php

Edited by Ron98GT

If you have to choose one over the other, I'd recommend the first one. It appears to cover a couple of places within the basilica that are not regularly open to those who just enter the basilica on their own.

You can easily do the upstairs section on your own after your other tour is over -- there is nothing listed in the tour description that you cannot see on your own. After seeing the Basilica, if you exit toward St. Marks square you should see a small, narrow staircase on your left. Go up it, pay the separate entrance fee at the top, and you can see the museum with the original bronze horses, get a bird's eye view of the piazza and its buildings, and see the beautiful mosaics close up.

(By the way, you don't have to wait in line to enter the basilica if you pre-reserve your tickets online for a small fee. So if that is your main reason for wanting a tour, it's not really necessary....)