Cabin Electric question

DanBoy

Was wondering on the ships that you need to place your s and s card in to turn on the lights, when you take the card that doesn't also turn off the wall outlets, ac etc correct??....That would be a bummber...

Was wondering on the ships that you need to place your s and s card in to turn on the lights, when you take the card that doesn't also turn off the wall outlets, ac etc correct??....That would be a bummber...

Nope just the lights. Including the bathroom ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by prattmom

The Dream does not. The Magic does, and I am guessing probably the Breeze since that came after.

The Breeze does have this feature. Takes a day or two to get use to, but not that much of an inconvenience.

Put any card in the slot and it works. We leave it in all cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aha!...good to know!!..sailing on Sunshine May 10th... heard they have it..

Put any card in the slot and it works. We leave it in all cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

True. Just use a gift card from back home ;)

Ok ... I'm confused. What is this? Is this some kind of engery conservation thing so you put your sign and sail card somewhere to get your cabin electric to work?

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Yes. It's common in European hotels. The idea is it makes the lights turn off when you leave your room since you take your s&s card with you...

This seems like a poor design by carnival if you can put any card or paper in the slot and the lights stay on for the entire cruise... The idea was to save energy, but by people putting any random card in the slot, the lights stay on all day? wow, seems like it will use more energy not less...

This seems like a poor design by carnival if you can put any card or paper in the slot and the lights stay on for the entire cruise... The idea was to save energy, but by people putting any random card in the slot, the lights stay on all day? wow, seems like it will use more energy not less...

Just the lights you leave on stay on , Not all the lights. Bill

We are very energy conscious in our home anyway. As long as this feature doesn't control the ac it's unlikely we'll even need to put a card in the slot ... except for the bathroom. The cabins are so small that during the day very little electric is needed and we don't have enough time in the evening to just hang out in the cabin!

I'm so absent minded that if my sign and sail card does not go back in its designated spot every time, it will be lost ... repeatedly.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

We are very energy conscious in our home anyway. As long as this feature doesn't control the ac it's unlikely we'll even need to put a card in the slot ... except for the bathroom. The cabins are so small that during the day very little electric is needed and we don't have enough time in the evening to just hang out in the cabin!

I'm so absent minded that if my sign and sail card does not go back in its designated spot every time, it will be lost ... repeatedly.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

That is the designated spot for mine so I don't lose it. Not sure what I'm going to do on the Triumph next month! Eek!

That is the designated spot for mine so I don't lose it. Not sure what I'm going to do on the Triumph next month! Eek!

yeah, I may be rethinking my "designated spots" :)

Is this on every 2.0 ship? I was on the Glory a few years ago and this was not a feature, but it had not been 2.0'd.

Aha!...good to know!!..sailing on Sunshine May 10th... heard they have it..

Sunshine only has it on the cabins added during the refurb and maybe others that were refurbed, most cabins do not have it. We've sailed on Sunshine twice neither cabin jot this option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

yeah, I may be rethinking my "designated spots" :)

Is this on every 2.0 ship? I was on the Glory a few years ago and this was not a feature, but it had not been 2.0'd.

Just the Magic, Breeze and some of the Sunshine, I believe.