Best way to see inside Buckingham Palace

We will be in London in September 2014, and am interested in seeing the State rooms, etc. There is also a separate evening tour in September for more money. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Kathy

Just do go on the tour. Book it soon tickets do sell out. We took the Royal Day out package. We did not take the evening tour. I think we had other plans each night. Or it might have not been offered. The evening tour does sound very nice, maybe not as crowded.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We did the evening tour, we'll worth the extra money, Small group, with a guide to ask questions, Buckingham Palace souvenir book, a drink at the end. We left through the main gates. No picture taking during the tour, bathrooms are only at the end of the tour.

We did the tour several years ago. We did the day tour, don't think there was an evening tour, and it was great. We exited through the garden and as part of the garden tour there were restrooms and a gift shop. We did not buy things at the gift shop presuming they would be available elsewhere. WRONG! We never could find the unique Christmas tree ornaments we saw in the shop along with several other items. It may have changed but I would advise if you see something, buy it, as it may not be elsewhere. (Good rule for all souvenir purchases!)

We did not buy things at the gift shop presuming they would be available elsewhere. WRONG! We never could find the unique Christmas tree ornaments we saw in the shop along with several other items. It may have changed but I would advise if you see something, buy it, as it may not be elsewhere. (Good rule for all souvenir purchases!)

I read somewhere that HM takes a personal interest in the quality of the goods on sale in the shop. She would not want there to be any kind of tat.

I ordered tickets through the palace website on Monday, and they were delivered to NE Ohio today. That was super fast service especially since the website said it could take 14 days.

The photo of the evening tour makes you think its a more formal dress occasion. Is that the case or is comfortable vacation and causal dress satisfactory on all tours.

No need to dress up. Maybe leave the string vest and bermuda shorts behind though.

We had the same choice on our visit last August, and choice the evening tour. I think we choice will. A nice small group with the palace to ourselves (you have to stay with the group though :)). Glass of Champagne on the palace back balcony after the tour, and shopping time in the gift ship.

We where also driven out from the Queens front entrance on a buggy through the front palace wing arch into the forward court area and through the front gates. Very funny, because all the tourists thought we where someone special and where taking our photos getting out of the buggy :D