Help me with my Freedom 2.0 "To do" List

Sarah@Sea

This will be my 5th cruise on Carnival but the first time on a newer, larger ship with anything "extra" and luck me Freedom just got lots of extras! I have been reading the boards and trying to do my homework but would love some additional feedback on what I need to check out and try during my cruise. I would also like to know approx times the areas are open? I know the times can vary and I should check the Fun Times for each day!

Guy's Burgers - try a burger and fries. Donkey sauce? Yes or No?

Blue Iguana - I've read the breakfast burrito is a must try...anyone have a favorite salsa?

Red Frog Pub - fun place to hang out, adult trivia and coconut shrimp...maybe sliders. I'll be solo so no Fishbowl partner and I surely cannot manage one on my own.

Alchemy bar - ????

So that's the new stuff...I also made a reservation for the steakhouse for my first night as I've never been on a ship that had a steakhouse. What's your favorite side dish? I'll most likely go with surf n turf as my meal.

Thank you in advance! :D

This will be my 5th cruise on Carnival but the first time on a newer, larger ship with anything "extra" and luck me Freedom just got lots of extras! I have been reading the boards and trying to do my homework but would love some additional feedback on what I need to check out and try during my cruise. I would also like to know approx times the areas are open? I know the times can vary and I should check the Fun Times for each day!

Guy's Burgers - try a burger and fries. Donkey sauce? Yes or No?

- You will love! Or at least I did. I love the burger bar too where you can add you own toppings! I did like the Donkey Sauce I asked for extra when it was not too busy

Blue Iguana - I've read the breakfast burrito is a must try...anyone have a favorite salsa?

- I loved my breakfast burritos on Sunshine! Never had it for lunch the lines where too busy. Not horrible but with so many other walk up options I went with them. I will try them lext time!

Red Frog Pub - fun place to hang out, adult trivia and coconut shrimp...maybe sliders. I'll be solo so no Fishbowl partner and I surely cannot manage one on my own.

- Sunshine did not have food options so I can't help!

Alchemy bar - ????

Never made it here either. Was very sad I did not make the time.

So that's the new stuff...I also made a reservation for the steakhouse for my first night as I've never been on a ship that had a steakhouse. What's your favorite side dish? I'll most likely go with surf n turf as my meal.

Thank you in advance! :D

I can't wait to here all about it. We have until Oct to cruise :(

I loooooove Alchemy! Very friendly and personable bar staff. I think that goes for all of the ships Alchemy bars.

It also seems like the same people frequent that bar every nigh. Well at least that is what I have noticed from my past 2 cruises with the Alchemy Bar.

Even if you don't want anything on the menu, they can surprise you with something amazing.

On night 2 of my last cruise, as I was walking to dinner with my mom, the Bar tender Brian, waved and said, "See you later tonight Robyn!" "You know it Brian!"

My mom thought it was pretty funny that the bartender knew my name after 1 night and I knew his. So yes, I did look like an alcoholic only after the 1st night haha. But hey, that place is just that awesome.

Too bad my Breeze cruise doesn't have the Alchemy Bar :/

I'm getting married on the freedom 5.18 cruise, so maybe we will bump into each other. this is my first carnival cruise, so we are all very excited. glad we got the 2.0 upgrades.

Congratulations!

To all you lucky folks soon setting sail on the Freedom....;

Please provide some reviews, even the quickie reviews without photos would be appreciated. I just cant wait to hear about it.

My turn doesnt come till November, and after the winter we just put behind us up here in the north, I dont want to wish away my summer, so reviews will help me bide my time until my cruise day comes.:)

Happy sailing to you all, and remember all us review thirsty people when you return home please and thank you.

To all you lucky folks soon setting sail on the Freedom....;

Please provide some reviews, even the quickie reviews without photos would be appreciated. I just cant wait to hear about it.

My turn doesnt come till November, and after the winter we just put behind us up here in the north, I dont want to wish away my summer, so reviews will help me bide my time until my cruise day comes.:)

Happy sailing to you all, and remember all us review thirsty people when you return home please and thank you.

I will definitely try to post something before sail away, also first port is Key West so I'll have cell service and probably stop at Starbucks for a drink and wifi.

I will look forward to your report!

I am soooo excited about this cruise, but by the same token, am afraid to be so excited, because the last two years I had a cruise booked and had to cancel each year because of aging and ailing parents. On year, my Mum and next year my Dad.

So far this year, they are doing well, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get to have my cruise this year.:)

Never mind my worries....just go have a blast and come back and tell us all about it.:)