Sun Princess 1st April 2015 Cancelled

Just been advised that our Sun Princess 1st April 2015 has been cancelled due to Deployment changes ??? . Have been offered a $30.00 cruise credit.

Offical email to follow .

Cheers

Russell

Just been advised that our Sun Princess 1st April 2015 has been cancelled due to Deployment changes ??? . Have been offered a $30.00 cruise credit.

Offical email to follow .

Cheers

Russell

that was the one going to Japan, have all the other cruises been cancelled in Japan and will the Sun Princess stay local

that was the one going to Japan, have all the other cruises been cancelled in Japan and will the Sun Princess stay local

Not sure about the Japanese season,but the stupid thing is you can still book this cruise on the Princess web site even though I had a call at 5.55 am this morning telling me it had been cancelled.

Also I can still log into my booking and check all the details etc.

Very confusing.

Not sure about the Japanese season,but the stupid thing is you can still book this cruise on the Princess web site even though I had a call at 5.55 am this morning telling me it had been cancelled.

Also I can still log into my booking and check all the details etc.

Very confusing.

I just had a look, It is a shame for you. I also hope that you had travel insurance for any flights, etc. as $30 isn't going to cover much.

Edited by MicCanberra

SUN PRINCESS is staying in Australia all year round with Sea & Dawn from 2015 . Sapphire Princess and another vessel ex Europe are doing Japan from 2015 . One of the SUN class boats is to be based in Freo year round. In Summer 2015/16 Sapphire is based additionally ex Sydney and Golden Princess (in lieu dawn Princess) will be based out of Melbourne. Full new itineraries for 2015/16 supposed to be released by Princess between 13 - 20 May 2014.

SUN PRINCESS is staying in Australia all year round with Sea & Dawn from 2015 . Sapphire Princess and another vessel ex Europe are doing Japan from 2015 . One of the SUN class boats is to be based in Freo year round. In Summer 2015/16 Sapphire is based additionally ex Sydney and Golden Princess (in lieu dawn Princess) will be based out of Melbourne. Full new itineraries for 2015/16 supposed to be released by Princess between 13 - 20 May 2014.

Very confusing like you have mentioned. The Sun on the Sydney ports has it in Sydney while in Japan at the same time. As for us over here in the West we will have Pacific Jewel based in Perth with the Sun/Dawn & Sea all here at different times in 2015.

It will be interesting to see the new 2015/16 itineraries.

I wonder if the move of Quantum to Shanghai has caused Princess to reshuffle the deck. The Sun Princess wiuld not be much competition for Quantum, whereas Sapphire would definitely be a more attractive proposition for Japanese cruisers

Thanks for the heads up i had my parents booked on this one. So i called princess and the girl at the end of the line said there was no cancellation but she would look....... suprise to her..... it was cancelled. All they said was an official email will be sent hopefully later today which offers a 30OBC if you stick to one of their replacement cruises offers or a full refund if no alternative chosen. So i guess we will hear more later throughout the day

Yes short winter cruises to pacific islands will be on offer from Princess from Sydney next year .... so i guess princess now realises people dont want to sail carnival or P&O during winter.

Edited by aussiecruiser275

Thanks for the heads up i had my parents booked on this one. So i called princess and the girl at the end of the line said there was no cancellation but she would look....... suprise to her..... it was cancelled. All they said was an official email will be sent hopefully later today which offers a 30OBC if you stick to one of their replacement cruises offers or a full refund if no alternative chosen. So i guess we will hear more later throughout the day

Yes short winter cruises to pacific islands will be on offer from Princess from Sydney next year .... so i guess princess now realises people dont want to sail carnival or P&O during winter.

You may be right, there certainly is the demand for it.:D

I just had a look, It is a shame for you. I also hope that you had travel insurance for any flights, etc. as $30 isn't going to cover much.

Yes Mic,have been doing annual travel insurance for a few years now. Just need an official letter from Princess to submit a insurance claim.

Cheers

Johhno

Yes Mic,have been doing annual travel insurance for a few years now. Just need an official letter from Princess to submit a insurance claim.

Cheers

Johhno

Good news for you then, so many people get caught out and either don't get insurance or buy it late so a lot of the trip is not covered if it gets canned early.:D

Cheers

Johhno

do you get your flights over 12 months out