Kids on a Thanksgiving Cruise

heartofamerica

We have cruised a number of times over Thanksgiving and there were always many children. Generaltional cruising is very popular with families for Thanksgiving cruises and we saw loads of families with Grandma and Great Grandma/pa, parents, children of all ages.

Any seven day Caribbean cruise over Thanksgiving will be sure to include many children and most of them are looking for new friends to hang out with. Your daughter will have a great time.

:confused: What would everyone's opinion be on the number of kids on a 10-day cruise that begins Wednesday, Nov. 16? That's 9 days BEFORE Thanksgiving. Cruise ends the Saturday after Thanksgiving. THANKS to all. I am unaware of Holiday break times anymore.

I was on 10 day cruises the past 2 years and there were not many children on either one. Thanksgiving 2003 we were on the Island to the Panama Canal and Thanksgiving 2004 we were on the Dawn for 10 days. Both cruises started a day or two before Thanksgiving through the first week of December.

:confused: What would everyone's opinion be on the number of kids on a 10-day cruise that begins Wednesday, Nov. 16? That's 9 days BEFORE Thanksgiving. Cruise ends the Saturday after Thanksgiving. THANKS to all. I am unaware of Holiday break times anymore.

I would expect there to be far fewer children on a ten day cruise vs. a seven dayer and the week before Thanksgiving would also tend to draw fewer kiddies.

We're considering an 11 day cruise on the Noordam that begins 11/25/06, which is the Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/23). We've assumed there will be very few kids, which would be good for two empty nesters. Are we likely to be making a mistake?

Archived