Carnival with 7 year old boy

Grothj

I have always thought Carnival was more of the "party line" for couples and singles.

We are considering a cruise with our 7 year old grandson and his parents. Would Carnival be appropriate? We have done Royal Caribbean before with grandchildren who were a bit older.

Thanks for your input,.

I have always thought Carnival was more of the "party line" for couples and singles.

We are considering a cruise with our 7 year old grandson and his parents. Would Carnival be appropriate? We have done Royal Caribbean before with grandchildren who were a bit older.

Thanks for your input,.

He will be fine, in fact he will probably have a great time! You may have a slightly exaggerated picture of Carnival as a "Party" line. There really is fun for all ages, and there are always lots of kids with plenty to do!

Our son has always had a great time on Royal and Carnival. He seemed to enjoy Carnival the best when he was your grandsons age.

Also, I've noticed the shorter cruises (3-4 day) seem to be more the "party" cruises and the 7 day and longer there seem to be more families.

Have a great time

My 11 year old daughter has been on 6 Carnival cruises, starting when she was 7. She loves them!

And all of those have been with grandparents, us (parents) and her.

Go & enjoy!

We just took our 7 yo son on his first cruise for spring bereak on the Breeze! Loved it and he cant wait to go back for another. Lots of variety in the activites. I`ll be happy to share my experience if you have any detailed questions!

There is this thread as well if you havent seen it yet: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030396

My son's 1st cruise was when he was 7. He had a blast, and when we got home he cried himself to sleep, as he wanted to be back on the ship!

He will be 12 in August, this will be his 4th cruise (we are also going on the Liberty, but the week before you :) He told me before I booked the cruise that it was time for another one, as we had done all inclusives the past couple of years.

Have a great time!

My son is 10 and on his 4th carnival cruise. He absolutely loves camp carnival. He is an only child at home but loves to play with other kids at school and on vacation. He loves being on carnival ships and never has a dull moment. We travel with our in laws and he is the only kid but he has his stuff he enjoys and the adults have their stuff so it works out very well. Some days he goes to dinner with us and some days he has dinner with his friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My now 9 yr. old looooovvvvveeesssss cruising on Carnival. He's been cruising since he was 6.

He always enjoys camp. He loves having dinner with his new friends in camp during dinner time. Sometimes we allow him to go with camp for dinner and sometimes we make him have dinner with us.

There's always something to keep them busy and they will always find friends.

We are conservative Christians who have sailed several lines and have no issue taking our child on Carnival. Actually while he is still young, it is our cruise line of choice.

We took our DD, SIL and GS (7 years old) on their first cruise on the Carnival Paradise 4/14/14, 5 day sailing. They had a ball. Our grandson really enjoyed Camp Carnival and spent a lot of time there.

They are ready to go on their 2nd cruise now.

Thanks for your input,.

We took our first cruise with our boys when they were 1, 9 and 11. This summer will be our 4th cruise, all on Carnival. We tried a beach condo last year thinking it would be cheaper and we could do more things, and all they did was whine about wishing we had taken a cruise (us too, actually)! Between Camp Carnival activities, waterslides and pools, and shore excursions (not to mention 24 hr a day food), he will not be bored and will have fun.

We are not "partiers" and still enjoy Carnival. I would agree that the shorter cruises tend to be the party ships and the longer cruises more family oriented.

Go and enjoy!:)