9:45 Flight Out of San Juan

sissy2000

Sorry--not sure where this has been moved or why?

Mostly because it's port specific to San Juan.

But your original question seems really tight. Backing up in time- plane leaves at 9:45, so it boards at 9:05. They ask you to be there 1.5-2 hours before the flight, so lets call it 8:15 arrival at the airport- where you do need to go through luggage inspection and whatnot- but if you are flyign first class, the lines can be shorter. If you check bags, there are lines for that at every airlines. Moreso now with the current construction at the airport.

To arrive at 8:15 means you leave the port at probably 7:50am- it's 20 min normally for us.

7:50 leaving means you are among the first off at 7:30 so you self carry your bags and manage to get through customs.

The question is- will they really start allowing self take off at 7:30am or not?

If you print your own tickets or use a mobile app, that reduces the needed pre-check time at the airport. But flying coach and not having security preference will slow things down, even that early in the morning.

Do you feel comfortable being that rushed?

Edited by alfaeric

We have a 9:45 flight out of San Juan. Will we be able to make it if we walk off with our own luggage?

This sounds very early. Can you do carry-on only with the airline? This will save the Ag inspection and the luggage drop-off. This would save time. Plus, print boarding pass on ship.

My husband even got his Tux in a carry-on for our last cruise so we could avoid airline checked luggage.

• 1 year later...

I hope you have other, later flights available to your destination - and that there will be open seats on them, 'cause your odds of making that early a flight will be slim-to-none.

Or, prepare yourself mentally for an overnight stay in SJU.....

Any sane person would not count on all ducks lining up. Just one thing could go awry (late port arrival, a delay in disembarkation-even an early carry-your-own-luggage off one, traffic, the Agricultural checkpoint, long TSU line, and on and on.......). The thought of any of this happening would ruin my entire cruise.

So, are you feeling lucky?

I haven't booked my return yet. But last time last May we made it to the airport at 8am on Royal Caribbean jewel of the seas. So I know you can get to the airport in time. Your slim to none assessment is wrong, because we made it just fine. I'm not sure luck has anything to do with it. But I'm not irresponsible. I'm well aware of what could happen. Ideally I want an 11am flight so I'm just going to wait. This isn't my first rodeo.

Edited by Siora7777

We got off Carnival Liberty May 31st and were at the airport at 7:38am. We went thru agricultural inspection, checked bags, got through security, grabbed a coffee and were at our gate before 8:15. Flight at 10:25.

Have a back up plan, just in case.

for the OP, what time does the ship dock in your case, when you are trying to get a 9:45 am flight? Ours in december docks in San Juan at 6 am. My son was looking at a 9:45 am flight also, i thought it was dangerous but curious with 6 am dock time if that made a difference. I fly a lot on business and am conservative so made an afternoon flight for us. But my son did not have a lot of good options (he is going a different direction)