belize city and other port of call ?

hellotoyou222

Hi,

I'll be going on the Jewel to cozumel, belize city, and the new place in honduras (banana something). I wondered if we just want to get off and go to the beach, can we get there ourselves or do we have to do an excursion? I know when we went to bermuda, we bought a bus pass for 3 days and did the beaches. thanks.

Not sure about the Banana resort on the mainland of Honduras, but some pictures seem to suggest there's a beach right by if not at the port.

For Belize, you'll need to take an excursion, cruise ship or private, to one of the cayes for a beach. There is a manmade local beach on the mainland about 15-20 minutes by taxi, called Cucumber Beach. It's facilities are focused for more local Belizeans on the weekend. And it isn't directly on the ocean.

thanks for your input. I'm thinking maybe just staying on the boat in belize. i had wanted to go onshore but when i read, it seems like the cayes are not the nicest beaches. I don't know what else to do there, as it seems to be shopping focused. I will get of on the banana island. and I was thinking of paradise island in cozumel.

we took a boat up the river (bus back) and hit the ruins. It was a pretty good day and one suggestion would be leave the driving to them as the City is pretty brutal, traffic wise.

• 1 month later...

When we booked our cruise originally it was Belize city Belize Rotan Honduras and Cozumel Mexico but they changed it to the banana coast Honduras don't know why

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In Belize you DO want to go cavetubing!!! Go with cavetubingbz.com. The college age kids will love it too!!. Just wear shoes with a strong bottomm because the walk to the water is very rocky. It is not a beach but it os very fun.

and I was thinking of paradise island in cozumel.

Paradise Island is our favorite spot in Cozumel!! They upgraded it a few years ago and now it's even better than ever!!! You can't go wrong by hanging out there for the day.

We are going on the same cruise. The beaches in Cozumel are rocky but there are several places you can go for the day with inclusive packages, ie all you can eat and drink.

Cave tubing is the most popular excursion in Belize.

The new port in Honduras is supposed to have a beach but we are going to Banana Beach Resort for the day.