Laundry on Odyssey

Mutsi

Astonishing!

Laundry War spills over to Seabourn CC Forum!

The $50 bag is great value and even better when free thanks to the Seabourn Club Benefits. Only venture to the Laundry room to press the odd garment (even that can be fraught....). Do your smalls in the wash basin and hang to dry over the tub (or drape over balloons according to the Lady From Texas).

hahaha June too true

I avoid the laundry like the plague but sometimes when things smell like guano you need to use the machine;) or sleep with the stench

Edited by MrsWaldo

Oh Dear, just a simple question of where the laundry is situated. Conversation turned and like a bad washing machine a lot of knickers in knots.

Thank you it has been a hoot.;)

Have not used the laundry room on board in a while( the free laundry is a nice loyalty perk) but I do remember once years ago when a few of us disgruntled ladies were hanging about the room (while our DH's were out on deck enjoying the sunshine) we used the house phone to call room service and had champagne delivered!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have not used the laundry room on board in a while( the free laundry is a nice loyalty perk) but I do remember once years ago when a few of us disgruntled ladies were hanging about the room (while our DH's were out on deck enjoying the sunshine) we used the house phone to call room service and had champagne delivered!

What no caviar :eek:

Well if you leave them in the machine for an excess of time you can be sure I will put them in a basket if i need a machine and none are available…..:D

I was referring to the bag of laundry the ship does; i would rather do my own laundry rather than having others touch/fold certain things. I use a mesh laundry bag which I have seen used by several others, which allows you to remove my things without touching them.

Chairsin, I like your style.icon12.gif

I heard a lovely story, possibly on here of a lady who had been waiting for her washing to complete when a mature solo cruiser came in and handed her a bag of washing. Not wishing to offend the dear old lady our intrepid passenger said nothing and ran her washing through for her.

Later in the cruise the very same thing happened. This time the passenger explained that she wasn't in fact staff but a fellow guest. "You obviously mistook me for part of the laundry team last time so I thought I'd run them through for you."

Without batting an eyelid the wily old lady merely turned on her heels gave a half smile and asked that the clothes be returned to her cabin when completed. Sometimes selective hearing can be such a wonderful thing and you can blame all sorts of naughtiness on age :)

Henry :)

She's lucky her laundry didn't wind up on Ebay.

I wouldn't have gone that far.

I'd have delivered it to guest services for her…

it would have been returned to her suite that way, all nice and washed and folded perfectly or on hangers,,,,