WEATHER at Sea NYC to Bahamas in May?

kelzow

How is the weather at sea going from NYC to Bahamas this time of year (MAY). Trying to figure out what to pack for the 3 at sea days/ nights.

Will it be cold as far as needing pants/sweatshirts/sneakers socks. Thanks in advance!

Also, how rough are the seas from NYC to Bahamas? I keep seeing posts about rough up north???

Same answer as on your other post. It is not possible to predict the seas. They will be calm, or rough, or somewhere in between. This is true 365 days of the year.

If you have issues with sea sickness, you must be prepared. After all, you are on a ship at sea!!

Thanks! I understand that the seas cannot be predicted. I cruised the Caribbean and really felt nothing. Just trying to find out why everyone posts how "Rough" the seas always are from NY to Bahamas. There must be a considerable difference to other sailings. Like a point to where the seas "calm"

For me the 3 sea days would be a waste in the early spring. I would prefer to fly down and have the extra time in the islands where it is warm.

Well that really answered the question. ;)

Thanks! I understand that the seas cannot be predicted. I cruised the Caribbean and really felt nothing. Just trying to find out why everyone posts how "Rough" the seas always are from NY to Bahamas. There must be a considerable difference to other sailings. Like a point to where the seas "calm"

Sometimes they are rough and sometimes calm. The same with going to Bermuda. You just never know. Have a great cruise!!:)