Fishing off the docks or bridge in Ketchikan

crusin4fun2000

We will be in Ketchikan during the first week in June. I have read where fishing off of the bridge during Aug/September is really good. Has anyone fished in June? Will we be able to catch fish? Is it worth our time. I heard you can pick up a license and rent a pole at a local shop. Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks

I did it in September during a salmon run, the fish were so thick I swear you could walk across them. I brought a cheap pack rod and a pink squid jig, and caught and released about twenty till I hooked a big one and the rod snapped. For the price of the license well worth the fun

Muffinman

We caught lots of salmon off the dock in Ketchikan on our cruise last year, however, it was in August and the salmon were plentiful. June might be a bit too early. You might just have to wait and see what the situation is when you arrive. Rods and tackle are available for rent on Creek Street.

We will be in Ketchikan during the first week in June. I have read where fishing off of the bridge during Aug/September is really good. Has anyone fished in June? Will we be able to catch fish? Is it worth our time. I heard you can pick up a license and rent a pole at a local shop. Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks

I doubt it will be worth your time to fish from shore, this is an August/Sept activity. I've never seen this in the early season, but, contact the visitor center and inquire directly. They will know the details.

When we were in Ketchikan a few years ago over Memorial Day weekend there were plenty of King Salmon under the bridge and a lot of people fishing. King Salmon season is May, June and July so you should see plenty of fish. Weather you will catch any is another question.