Cruisetour credit

cruisinlawn

Considering a last minute booking for AK cruisetour this July, specifically looking at EB4 and/or DB4. I've been frantically reading various threads here and on the Princess forum. Either of the aforementioned tours include the Denali Natural History tour. Am I understanding correctly that we could choose to cancel that tour (once we arrive at Denali) and book another, specifically the Tundra Wilderness tour? Some have referred to it as upgrading tours.

Also, if we cancelled the History tour and went on our own via the park's shuttle bus would we get a credit applied to onboard account?

We normally do tours on our own but with such short notice and limited time to work with, I'm not sure we could put a plan together, thus the reason we're looking at the Princess cruisetour. TIA :)

Also, on either of the tours, do you catch the train back to Whittier at the same location? Talkeetna?

Have also posted this on Princess forum

Edited by cruisinlawn

You HAVE to do this in advance. Princess fully refunds the NHT which is what I suggest you do.

Then you can book yourself on the SHUTTLE bus, which I recommend to at least Eielson.

With this option YOU are going to be responsible for getting yourself to the Access Center, and obtain all your own food and drink. Verify the Princess Lodge shuttle bus times- which takes you to the Access Center. You also HAVE to book the shuttle bus tickets in advance. http://www.reservedenali.com

Finally, only consider the itineraries with 2 nights at Denali Park, NOT at the McKinley lodge.

Where you "catch" the train, is specific to the tour. It will be listed.

Alternatively, it isn't difficult to arrange an independent tour, you aren't going tomorrow. :)

Get a shuttle to Anchorage, rent a car, drive to Denali (a car is a superior option there ) overnight 2 nights, take the shuttle into the park. Drive yourself to the airport.

Plenty of opportunity for stops all along the way.

BQ, if okay with you I'd like to correspond via email. I know you were a great help on our trips in '08 and '13. Thanks

Feel free, but clearly mark "cruise critic" in your title. I delete all the "unknown" email.

Edited by Budget Queen