Breakaway Bermuda 2014

Carol I see you've frequented Bermuda quite a bit - do you try something new on the island each time, or do you have your ol' stand-by favorites?

We always go to Horseshoe Bay one day, The other days we try to do different things. We've been to Elbow Beach, Stonehole Bay and 9 Beaches (when it was accepting cruise guests). It is now closed as a resort, so we never went again. They used to have their own shuttles standing out by the other buses to take you directly there and they picked you up for the return trip back to the dockyard. We've been to the Zoo and Aquarium twice. The second time was when we went with our grandkids. It's great for the kids - and us too. We've been to St. Georges once. Went to Harbor nights once, when we got there it had rained that day and it was cancelled. We'll never do that again. The Goomby Dancers came onto the ship when we were on the Star and preformed a couple years back, so we've seen them. Been to Hamilton a few times. There's still so much more to do. I'd like to go the Underwater Museum this year. We went to Coco Reef resort last year and might again this year. We'll see. I've got a lot of plans. My husband always says I make too many plans each year with only three days to do it in. That's why we keep going back to do the things that we didn't get to do.

If the FDNY ship would stop hogging the camera!!!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

It would be different if the Fireboat was at least shooting water. I thought they would never get off it! :rolleyes:

My husband always says I make too many plans each year with only three days to do it in. That's why we keep going back to do the things that we didn't get to do.

That's what I figure... although we have three days to see Bermuda, I want to make the most of the time. Horseshoe Bay for sure; probably day one (weather permitting), my husband will tolerate one beach day - he much prefers site-seeing. He'll enjoy the museum I'm sure. Also we're traveling with a group of 25 family/friends. We will NOT be moving as one unit - everyone is on their own!!

We'll go with the flow for the most part, but... I do like having some sort of a plan ;)

Edited by VickiD59

Judging by whatever pattern may be forming the last few months, I should expect starboard for our 7/20 sailing.... and then maybe I'll be surprised at it won't be :p

Their weather today looks like ours - overcast with possible rain.

Edited by VickiD59

Port side again. Hopefully same again next week with me waving from my deck 16 balcony. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looked for you CruisinCockney but did not see you!!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Just got off the Breakaway on Sunday. What a wonderful cruise. Found a best kept secret in Bermuda. Either take the red train or ask a taxi to take you to Daniels Head Beach (part of the 9 beaches). Beautiful beach, with very few people. They have a snack shop and places to rent chairs/equipment, etc. I don't think this will be a secret for long!!!

Just got off the Breakaway on Sunday. What a wonderful cruise. Found a best kept secret in Bermuda. Either take the red train or ask a taxi to take you to Daniels Head Beach (part of the 9 beaches). Beautiful beach, with very few people. They have a snack shop and places to rent chairs/equipment, etc. I don't think this will be a secret for long!!!

That's good to know since 9 Beaches was our fave until they shut down. They're doing a HUGE renovation and will be completely open next Summer. Whoo Hoo!!!

Shhhh! That's where we are probably going since Tobacco Bay will probably not keep its great snorkeling if there is nonstop partying going on there. Not that there is anything wrong with partying, I'm just sad it's there.

Did you buy anything at the snack bar? How much are the sodas, water, beer and mixed drinks? And the snacks. Did you snorkel or stand up paddle?

They have a webcam on their FB page.

Edited by peg013

Thanks for the info!

There's also a new "pirate bar" that just opened called "Calico Jack's". It's at the Dockyard.

Looks pretty cool.

Here's the link to the post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2061905

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Wednesday June 25.

7:15am

Port Side.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

So if docked port side like today, on which side does the sun rise? Port or Starboard? (I can figure out sunset) :) And guess while I'm asking, is the sun more forward or aft?

Thanks....

I think port side gets the sunsets and the starboard side sunrises.

At least that's what it looks like to me watching the webcam.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

When you answer this question, you should use the phrases port side and non-port side as to telling where the sun rises and sets. By using port and starboard you are talking about the ship, but the ship does not always port on the same side of the ship.

Just did not want anyone getting mixed up about where the sun shines (or doesn't).

[emoji6]

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Edited by wasiii

When you answer this question, you should use the phrases port side and non-port side as to telling where the sun rises and sets. By using port and starboard you are talking about the ship, but the ship does not always port on the same side of the ship.

Just did not want anyone getting mixed up about where the sun shines (or doesn't).

[emoji6]

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

thanks.... good point, but the answer was to a specific question earlier in the thread:

So if docked port side like today, on which side does the sun rise? Port or Starboard?

In response to your question about Daniel's Head, We rented lounge chairs and an umbrella, which were $10.00 each. Did not eat anything, but soda's were, I believe, $1.00. The other family there has the Rainbow Trout dish and were RAVING about how delicious it was!

Edited by lag5323