Won't people look at you crazy if.....

So wait a minute.....are you trying to tell me that I can pile a plate of food, wrap it up from the Lido deck and take it down to my room???? Won't people look at me crazy taking food to my room on the elevator? Do people do that all the time?? OBVIOUSLY.....I'm a newbie:o....

Absolutely! People who have balcony cabins are known for grabbing their food and heading back to the peace and quiet of their balcony.

You can also order from room service. The selections will not be what is being served on the Lido, but it is still good food and desserts - YUM!

They didnt look at my friend and I crazy when we were carrying 5 boxes of cereal and 5 things of milk back to our room at 4:30am after a night of partying.

You can only eat Pizza so much for late night food.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh you guys are awesome!!!!! And it's not that I cared if anyone really looked at me but I went through that thread enititled "How you know someone is new to cruising" and I just didnt want to be "that guy" LOL Thanks!! And awesome tip about putting another plate or one of the napkins on top of my food!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys:D!!

Not at all. Hubby was sick for a few days. Went and made him a plate 3X a day. Take a SECOND plate upside down and put it on top.

The amount of people that sneeze and cough..when you are in an elevator......ugh.

Cover your food.:)

Great idea! I'm doing this in a few weeks on the Magic :)

I'm usually the first one up and will get a light breakfast for the others in my cabin. Never even considered that some may think this was crazy. :confused:

This way they can eat as they get ready and we can all leave for the morning events without spending extra time at the buffet.

Love the idea of ordering early room service coffee and then keeping a tray for when you want to have a Lido meal in your room...and thanks everyone for "covering" your food ideas...

I adore free room service...

My last cruise I was a fast elevator ride up to Lido..great location and a woman was often on my schedule taking meals to her ill husband...it is not too much at all and you will see all shapes, sizes and amounts...this woman took very little and she would have loved the cover idea for his soup and salad..how sad to have an ill partner...

This is when a cabin close to Lido is so very nice...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

I did not see any trays on my last cruise on the Fantasy so I used gallon Ziploks and took half of a cow back to my room. Tried to get room service to reheat the leftovers, but no luck.

Bwahahaha! I so would have looked at you like you're crazy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Not at all. Hubby was sick for a few days. Went and made him a plate 3X a day. Take a SECOND plate upside down and put it on top.

The amount of people that sneeze and cough..when you are in an elevator......ugh.

Cover your food.:)

You can ask the buffet servers for a plate dome (cover) they have them back there