Won't people look at you crazy if.....

When we want something other than the room service menu, one of us will go up there, and grab usually breakfast items to eat in the room. Late at night, if I don't want to sit on the Lido and eat the pizza, I will carry it back to my room, which is usually near the aft stairs down a deck or two or three.

So wait a minute.....are you trying to tell me that I can pile a plate of food, wrap it up from the Lido deck and take it down to my room???? Won't people look at me crazy taking food to my room on the elevator? Do people do that all the time?? OBVIOUSLY.....I'm a newbie:o....

Happens a lot. Some even go to the lido in their robes and get breakfast to take back to their cabin.

I sailed the Pride last week, and I used the trays provided take food back to my cabin. We just used a napkin to cover the food on the elevator. Some even ordered extra food in the MDR to take back to their cabin. No problem at all. The food is all paid for, so Carnival could care less where on the ship it is eaten.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I love that the Pride still has trays! Sadly, I think that once they do the 2.0 upgrades they will do away with the trays as they've done on most of the fleet so far. :(

So wait a minute.....are you trying to tell me that I can pile a plate of food, wrap it up from the Lido deck and take it down to my room???? Won't people look at me crazy taking food to my room on the elevator? Do people do that all the time?? OBVIOUSLY.....I'm a newbie:o....

I used to go to the buffet to make a tray so DW could enjoy breakfast in bed. No one looked at me twice.

Like it.

Could any CC member confirm the rumour that in 2015 Carnival may be addding a shovel to the cutlery selection.:D

After all Carnival could dispense with knives for use in conjunction with a fork.;)

Maybe they should just replace all the utensils with a utility utensil that combines a knife, fork and spoon all in one piece.

:D

I get a small plate (3) of the chocolate covered strawberries from the coffee shop almost every night for a snack. I have taken it with me to the shows.

I do feel a little dorky - but most people are "wowing" over the strawberries when they look & not really caring that I've brought them along. :D

Newbie, you need to know that room service food is inclued in your cruise price, (no extra charge, for it.) Just tip the person who brings it a dollar or two.

We especially like to order room service on a port day if we have an excursion booked. BLT's make a good breakfast as does smoked salmon, and cream cheese on a bagel.

Enjoy your first cruise. You will be hooked by Day 2.

Newbie, you need to know that room service food is inclued in your cruise price, (no extra charge, for it.) Just tip the person who brings it a dollar or two.

We especially like to order room service on a port day if we have an excursion booked. BLT's make a good breakfast as does smoked salmon, and cream cheese on a bagel.

Enjoy your first cruise. You will be hooked by Day 2.

But it can't compare to a made to order omelet.:)

Not at all. Hubby was sick for a few days. Went and made him a plate 3X a day. Take a SECOND plate upside down and put it on top.

The amount of people that sneeze and cough..when you are in an elevator......ugh.

Cover your food.:)

Great idea on the second plate as a lid, never thought of doing it. Thanks!

They used to have trays in the buffet but I haven't seen them in a couple years. But evidently you can ask for one because we saw people with trays to carry drinks & food etc. on the elevators. I have gotten hot breakfast food and taken it to my room in the past. The room service menu doesn't have hot foods. On the Breeze last year we took BBQ foods back to eat on our balcony.

Go ahead , no one will think twice about it.

I love that the Pride still has trays! Sadly, I think that once they do the 2.0 upgrades they will do away with the trays as they've done on most of the fleet so far. :(

They are still onboard. Room service uses them. You just need to ask.

I look at people funny when they look at me funny when I'm carrying our pizza and fries smothered in ketchup in the elevator at 1am back to our room.

Don't worry what other people think...you paid your money too.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, we do have a half pizza and fries in the elevator at 1am. Sorry I thought of it before you...great idea isn't it!":thumbup:

Thank you for asking this question!!!

We are a family of 6 and alot of times, I hate taking the kids for breakfast because they want to take forever to select what they want to eat... I mean, literally, will take 10 minutes to tell me that they didn't want eggs but pancakes.. I always wondered, if I piled a few plates of assorted foods, could I just bring them back to the rooms..