Reservation for rental car after departure

We will be on the Mariner in October, and have reserved a rental car thru Budget! I set pickup time at 9 am! I'm unsure what would happen if we are late getting off the ship thus late getting to Budget office. Can anyone advise? I thought 9am would be a good time based on other cruises I've taken but we have always driven our on vehicle and parked at the pier.

Thanks in advance!

I assume you have a cell phone, and if for some reason you are delayed you can always call and let them know. I don't think it will be a problem to reschedule a pick-up time; the vans run back and forth all morning with most rental agencies. :)

GrouchyOleMom: I didn't think about the fact that the rental place will be used to people running late sometimes! Since they are right there by the port!! Call me simple minded! I guess the rental shuttle will tell us where to meet them back at after departure.

If I remember correctly, you will exit the terminal and wait in the parking lot where the shuttle signs are posted. The vans fill up and drop at the office then return and do it again. Kind of a mini version of what happens at some larger airports.

Archived