Recent cruisers - Brilliance in the MED

Recent comments indicated three formal nights on 12 day Brilliance MED cruise. First night on a non-sea day. This agreed with RCI web site.

The RCI web site now says TWO formal nights on 11-13 day crusies. Does anyone have an update from a cruise? I also have a note in to RCI.

Thanks

Just returned from the 7/11 brilliance (venice) cruise. There were 3 formal nights - the first was on the first sea day (which was the 5th night), the 2nd was on the 7th night (it was the Croatia day), and the 3rd was the night we left Venice (masquerade ball).

mek is correct. On the 12-night Greek Isles itinerary on Brilliance out of Barcelona, there were three formal nights despite the information on the website and in the documents that there are only two on 12-night cruises. The first was the night we were in Livorno, and the others were on the subsequent sea days.

I just got back last night from the July 23 sailing of the brilliance/greek route. There are only 2 formal nites (the only 2 sea days) the 3rd sea day is the last day and that is a packing day. Hope your trip is good.

Totally confused about the formal nights. The 1st formal was fine (day5). The 2nd and 3rd were confusing. Are they back to back? We leave on Sept 21 and the itinerary has Venice and then Croatia. Is the mascarade ball really a formal night and where is it located? Do people dress formally for dinner with masks or is the ball after dinner?

Sounds like the 9/21 itinerary is a little different from the one I was on (7/11).

We were in Croatia on the 7th day, and the night we left Venice (masquerade ball) was the 9th day. It was a formal night and we did wear masks to dinner. Of course, we had to take them off to eat and drink lol. The ball itself was then held at about 10:30 p.m. in the Colony Club. I'm not sure when your formal nights will be seeing that your itinerary is a little different. I would, however, plan on 3 formal nights.

Thanks Cindi. Our iterary shows 3 sea days. First sea day is day 5 so assume that will be formal - then Venice on day 7 and then day 10 is sea day so probably another formal. I think they are saying 2 formals and not counting Venice. We went on the Baltic cruise in May and we were told 2 formal nights but had 3 formal so who knows.

Thanks for the updates. We are planning on 3 formals. You have all been very helpful. Why doesn't RCCL tell us the correct number of formals? I try to be organized and pack what I need. This is the first cruise that this has happen to me and I've sailed 16 times. However, the first to Europe. Thanks again.

Can anyone tell me if there is a Masquerade Ball on the Greek Islands Itinerery of the Brilliance or is it just the Venice one?

I am totally confused over the formal nights, it seems some people had 2 and others 3 :confused: ...

This will be our 4th time on the Brilliance but first on her to the Mediterranean ...We were in the Med. on the Legend awhile ago .. but only 7 days... can't wait...

Any word yet on Kusadasi?

I know this post has been on formal nights but I have another question for recent Med cruisers on Brilliance. Did you have any problems getting off the ship early for private tours. I just did the Baltic trip and RCCl posted in the Compass for days that private tours in St Petersburg could not get off till 9:30. Most people had no problem getting off early though. Just wondering if this was also the case in the Med.

We just got back from the July 23 Brilliance 12-day Barcelona to the Greek Isles/Turkey itinerary and had only two sea days. They were on the first two sea days. We also were not allowed to go to Turkey because of the recent bus-bombing, and we didn't get to go to Mykonos because of very high gale-force winds. As we were turning to try to dock in Mykonos, a gust of 107 mph (hurricane force) hit us broadside and the ship listed at about 45 to 50 degrees. glassware was flying across the cabin and the galley reputedly lost 10,000 plates. We skipped Mykonos and spent an extra day in Athens. There was no masquerade ball. I think that is only on the other itinerary because of Venice's history and the elaborate masked balls which are a part of the Venetian culture.

Allen

Archived