Papito's???

99florida

Has anyone been to the Cozumel All Inclusive Simple Luxury at Papito's Beach Club Punta Sur Bay? I see that it's new and have already looked at the Cozumel Island thread.

Been to Mr. Sanchos and LOVED it but it seems like it has grown over the past 3/4 years therefore many more people. Has anyone been to Mr. Sanchos years past and now with the expansion?

New Pics? ;)

Our family just booked this excursion... we go on July 11th... I will let you know.

We chose this as they limit to 50 people and just seemed to be less hectic. Looks like nice beach... what could be worse? nice beach... AI for drinks and food.

58 days until we sail... yeah !

This looks like someone has taken the Punta Sur Eco Park and added loungers or taken over the loungers used by cruise ship excursions to Punta Sur. Doesn't appear by the pictures that they've added any buildings. The inclusives of the lighthouse and crocodile viewing are all part of the entrance fee to Punta Sur which is open to everyone.

Yes, it'll be less crowded because it is further away from the main west side beaches and the cruise ship piers. Think Playa Palancar. And yes there'll be decent snorkeling as it's by the edge of the Palancar reef and some great dive sites aren't that far off shore.

It is more expensive than the west side A.I.s but that's due to additional transportation expense and the park entrance.

Certainly do come back with pictures and comments. Hope you have a great time.:)

I am not sure how they police the number of guests per day, unless the limit is for the number of actual AI day passes they sell. It has been reported in various reviews that you can also visit on PAYG basis. The actual day pass through the brokers I have seen does not include transportation but does include park admission. You would be responsible for arranging your own return transport or perhaps they will phone for you.

I assume in common with other east side locations there is no mains electricity and probably a cash only venue for PAYG.

We've been to Papito's Beach Cozumel a couple of months ago and had the best beach time ever on a cruise!

On our last cruises to Cozumel we visited Mr Sanchos and Nachi Cocom and to be honest, there is absolutely no comparison to Papitos! This beach is secluded and away from the crowded clubs, secluded in the Punta Sur park (entrance was included in the AI package).

The staff was great and a big SO to our waiter Miguel, he took excellent care of us the entire time. Food was excellent! But that was really just a detail. The beach is gorgeous and there is absolutely no noise from boats, jet skis, traffic, etc. It is simply a white soft sandy beach ... no vendors, no party games, etc. The bathrooms were clean and we loved the outdoor showers. Snorkeling was the best we ever experienced in Cozumel. Their guide took us out to the protected marine park reef and we saw large rays, groupers, conch and much more. We will definitely be back to Papitos...it's a postcard beach in the Caribbean!

We've been to Papito's Beach Cozumel a couple of months ago and had the best beach time ever on a cruise!

On our last cruises to Cozumel we visited Mr Sanchos and Nachi Cocom and to be honest, there is absolutely no comparison to Papitos! This beach is secluded and away from the crowded clubs, secluded in the Punta Sur park (entrance was included in the AI package).

The staff was great and a big SO to our waiter Miguel, he took excellent care of us the entire time. Food was excellent! But that was really just a detail. The beach is gorgeous and there is absolutely no noise from boats, jet skis, traffic, etc. It is simply a white soft sandy beach ... no vendors, no party games, etc. The bathrooms were clean and we loved the outdoor showers. Snorkeling was the best we ever experienced in Cozumel. Their guide took us out to the protected marine park reef and we saw large rays, groupers, conch and much more. We will definitely be back to Papitos...it's a postcard beach in the Caribbean!

Thanks for sharing your Papito's experience. I've booked their AI for our cruise in September. We were looking for a quiet beach with great snorkeling, and I believe we have found it!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

Can you book this online separately or does it have to be booked through a cruise excursion? How much was transportation there and how much for the snorkeling?

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think taxi was $20 one way and it was well worth it to escape the other beach clubs. Snorkeling was included in their all inclusive package, they also offer a tour every hour (also included). I don't think you can book this one with the cruise line, you can book directly.

This sounds good. We have 3 adults and two boys, ages 9 and 5. I am debating between this place and Mr. Sanchos. We went to Mr. Sanchos last summer and loved it but it was fairly crowded and very loud music playing. Excellent food and service.

I assume that there are no options at Papitos for activities such as parasailing?

I would like to climb the lighthouse steps while at Punta Sur and see the crocodiles. Are those walkable from Papitos or would you need your own transportation?

This sounds good. We have 3 adults and two boys, ages 9 and 5. I am debating between this place and Mr. Sanchos. We went to Mr. Sanchos last summer and loved it but it was fairly crowded and very loud music playing. Excellent food and service.

I assume that there are no options at Papitos for activities such as parasailing?

I would like to climb the lighthouse steps while at Punta Sur and see the crocodiles. Are those walkable from Papitos or would you need your own transportation?

I don't know if you have seen their website but further details about what is available are described here http://papitosbeachcozumel.com. Also booking information and more details at CWS website.

Taxi will probably be slightly more each way for 5 people. I am not sure now it is becoming more popular if taxis are waiting for return trips or if you still need to arrange in advance or get someone at bar to call for one. Perhaps someone who has visited recently could confirm this.

Also I presume PAYG option still exists for those who don't want all inclusive?

I don't know if you have seen their website but further details about what is available are described here http://papitosbeachcozumel.com. Also booking information and more details at CWS website.

Taxi will probably be slightly more each way for 5 people. I am not sure now it is becoming more popular if taxis are waiting for return trips or if you still need to arrange in advance or get someone at bar to call for one. Perhaps someone who has visited recently could confirm this.

Also I presume PAYG option still exists for those who don't want all inclusive?

What is CWS website????:)

Papito's is incredible. Probably the best unknown gem on the island. After visiting the lighthouse out driver took us to Papito's or lunch. We ended up staying the rest of the day at the incredible beach that was there. We were surprised that no one else was there, at the restaurant or on the beach for as far as you can see!

The staff there was amazing. They made sure the music was playing and the drinks were flowing. Food was excellent....by far the best Mexican food I ever had.

Did you hire a driver for the day? How much was that? We were thinking about hiring a driver to go to Punta Sur lighthouse, crocodiles and Papitos to eat and snorkel. Then maybe a stop at Mr Sanchos on the way back to do parasailing and massages.

Did you hire a driver for the day? How much was that? We were thinking about hiring a driver to go to Punta Sur lighthouse, crocodiles and Papitos to eat and snorkel. Then maybe a stop at Mr Sanchos on the way back to do parasailing and massages.

Yes we did. We hired a driver through Tours Plaza and they were phenomenal. Our drivers name was Leo. He will take you wherever you want to go, but he will also recommend great some spots for you. That's how we ended up at the National Park and Papitos.

We had a van for 4 people, so it was $152 for the 1st 3 hours and $40 each additional hour. Our day lasted 6 hours. There is a $100 deposit. The $152 is 20% of the regular price of $190. They are running a special between 5/1 and 10/30.

Our driver took us to Papito's and at the entrance of the park, one of the beach club staff was waiting for us and paid the entrance fee. We did a stop at the lighthouse and the crocodile place and the Mayan Ruins (right next to the croc tower). From there it was only a 2 minute ride to Papitos. The beach was awesome, we've never been to such a nice and remote beach club on any of our cruises as most of the times you get to see the same beach clubs, no matter where. Our taxi driver then waited for us the entire day to take us back at no extra cost. The staff told us that if the driver does not want to wait, they would call a taxi for the same cost...so really you only spend for the ride, not for the driver waiting. It was one of the best beach days ever!

0LirIZH8hKacTrRmZ1fHJXIRRKfswCKVcTbLHJJOiKR11xdQoimX5VEMvJ5RaECd.jpg

0jZ4kXVt4HNCWPE8juQJsKuAfIqWCZWLNQWAAft8SWTwqRFKwEiPeDejbu5DjRe.jpg

Free Image Hosting by ShoreExcursioneer Cruise Excursions

HOW much was the Taxi please..and how long were you there that he waited? just saw on a site that a taxi with waiting is $60??? Thanks!

Our driver took us to Papito's and at the entrance of the park, one of the beach club staff was waiting for us and paid the entrance fee. We did a stop at the lighthouse and the crocodile place and the Mayan Ruins (right next to the croc tower). From there it was only a 2 minute ride to Papitos. The beach was awesome, we've never been to such a nice and remote beach club on any of our cruises as most of the times you get to see the same beach clubs, no matter where. Our taxi driver then waited for us the entire day to take us back at no extra cost. The staff told us that if the driver does not want to wait, they would call a taxi for the same cost...so really you only spend for the ride, not for the driver waiting. It was one of the best beach days ever!

0LirIZH8hKacTrRmZ1fHJXIRRKfswCKVcTbLHJJOiKR11xdQoimX5VEMvJ5RaECd.jpg

0jZ4kXVt4HNCWPE8juQJsKuAfIqWCZWLNQWAAft8SWTwqRFKwEiPeDejbu5DjRe.jpg

Free Image Hosting by ShoreExcursioneer Cruise Excursions

For a private driver through Tours Plaza I have been quoted $210 for 6 hours (5 of us), which is a bit of a discount off of normal rates. But I am still trying to figure out if it is worth it to hire a private driver. I was thinking that we would stop at Mr. Sanchos first and maybe do an hour on the water trampolines and go parasailing, and then have the driver take us to Punta Sur and Papitos. Cannot figure out if hiring the driver is the better way to go, or just take a cab to Punta Sur from the pier.

Do you have to pay the $12 entrance fee at Punta Sur if you arrive by cab to go to Papitos but you do not have the all inclusive?

Once you are at Papitos, how much is the guided snorkel tour of the reef?

Thanks for the information

• 2 weeks later...