Valor Southern Recommend good turtle snorkel excursion?

frayedend

We are doing the Valor in July. There are lots of ports, St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados.

I've seen a few catamaran excursions with snorkeling and sea turtles. Can anyone recommend what island and tour would be good? Would prefer something that is fun for everyone, including some who may not snorkel. So food, rum punch included would be great also.

It can be a Carnival excursion or other company but if not Carnival I'll have to find out refund policy if we miss the port for any reason.

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping for ideas that may be at other ports as well but for some unknown reason the mods have decided to move my thread here to Barbados. My family is interested in the Atlantis Submarine excursion in Barbados so we may need to find the turtles elsewhere. But it does seem Barbados has the best for turtle excursions.

We did Silvermoon in April and loved it, lots of turtles and what I loved was that they just don't fill the boat up, you can book a 12 person or 24 person excursion, great staff and a lovely meal and drinks served. Will do it with them again in the future.

If you want an easy way to see turtles/snorkel but if your whole party is not interested, then a good compromise would be to go to Carlisle Bay for a beach day. Your party can hang out at the beach, and those who wish to snorkel with the turtles can take a boat/catamaran from the beach out to the turtles and a couple of shipwrecks for $20 per person (usually includes rum punch and all snorkel equipment...these guides are all over the beach advertising and it is easy to find one at a moments notice...for as few as 2 people up to 15 or so.)

We spent an hour (30 mins at shipwrecks and 30 mins at turtles) and saw 4-5 turtles including a juvenile one, which was pretty cool. A good way to see the turtles without having the day revolve around them.

Turtle snorkel/swim in St.Thomas is equally as good as Barbados. check out Fury Charters Catamaran. I have been twice and will make it three when I return to St. Thomas again. Excellent crew and excursion.

Thanks everyone. I just booked us for Calabaza. Gina emailed me and finally for once someone actually provided all the details you want when you send an email inquiry. Everything sounded great and along with food and rum punch I'm sure everyone will be happy. They have great reviews everywhere.