Beach Day at Playa Mia ???

rene194215

So I am researching Cozumel since I will be there tiwce in a B2B. I love the water and I love the beach even more! So I have been looking and I found Beach Day at Playa Mia, on a site. The have an all inclusive and a regular excursion with no transfers. On the site, it says its a 2 miniute walk from the pier. The all inclusive says there is a transfer from the cruise pier.

I am going to be solo and am afraid a taxi will cost me an arm and a leg in order to get to a beach. I am not all about the food and drink, I am good with bringing water for myself. I just want a beach, water, a foam mat to lay in the water and a shower would be nice.

Thoughts, ideas? Since I will be there twice within a week I really do not want to spend a lot of money....

It might be a 2 minute walk to the taxi line, but getting to Playa Mia from any of the 3 piers used by cruise ships will require a taxi - about $16+tip each way for up to 4 in the cab (so team up with some others on your Roll Call :cool:).

If you search this board "Mitusgirly" has a detailed review of Playa Mia linked on her posts, including lots of photos.

You might check out the Money Bar -- only a $9 cab ride, great snorkeling from the shore, no beach (you enter the water via steps) but they do have a sandy area for sunning, plus no admission, good facilities, and good food/drinks/service.

You definitely wouldn't catch me trying to walk that far. :D (Especially "solo")

strip-L.jpg

You can check out my review from last year. There's tons of pictures. We enjoyed the place.

Love the pictures!!! Do you happen to remember how many ships were in port that day?

I am concered becasue I saw someone posted where the place was packed. With the B2B I am going to be there twice. First time 11-8pm with 3 ship (approx 9500 ppl) Second time 9-6pm with 5 ships (approx 13092).

I did not see anything on the site of how many people they take in. I know at Nachi its only 100 so thats nice. But more money too.

I wanted to ask you, although I can look later, the places you have listed, do those lead to different reviews where you have been? I am assuming since I clicked on Playa Mia and it brought me to your Dream review.

Love the pictures!!! Do you happen to remember how many ships were in port that day?

I am concered becasue I saw someone posted where the place was packed. With the B2B I am going to be there twice. First time 11-8pm with 3 ship (approx 9500 ppl) Second time 9-6pm with 5 ships (approx 13092).

I did not see anything on the site of how many people they take in. I know at Nachi its only 100 so thats nice. But more money too.

I wanted to ask you, although I can look later, the places you have listed, do those lead to different reviews where you have been? I am assuming since I clicked on Playa Mia and it brought me to your Dream review.

I think there were 3 ships the day we were there, but I'd have to go back and look(which I can't do today...getting ready to lrVe on a cruise tomorrow so not home). 3 ships in port is a very light day.

Yes my signature list reviews with pictures of places if have been in port.