help, please

Hoping someone can give me a quick reply to this.

I am at present trying to book tickets for Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. I have hit a block that I can't seem to find the answer to my problem. My question/problem is:

When I book my time slot for 10am at Sagrada, it then takes me to another time slot process. with the words VISITA GUIADA which I believe is guided tour. This is what I am booking. But the time slots for that are 11, and 12.30.

so does that mean that I have to hang around from 10am until 11am before our tour starts?

thanks for all help given

sandra

It's trying to tell you your requested time slot is NOT available...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

for the 10 am slot, it indicates that there are 280 tickets tho

Haven't done this in a few years... but, it seems I remember yes that you pick a time to enter but then there are only a certain number of guided tours a day. So you need to pick that time separate from your admission ticket. I remember strolling the outside and inside before the actual guided tour. Again, it's been 4 years or so. But I think that you are thinking correct. Our one ticket included admission and the tour. Someone here has probably done it more recently tho.

Edited by eandj

I have done, but also thought I would post it here, you sometimes get a quicker response

It really helps if you would "title" your thread better.... "Help please" just joins another list of posts by newbies.

Try to put exactly what you are looking for "Barcelona SAGRADA FAMILIA tickets Help!"

Then people with this knowledge know exactly what you need without even need to open and see what help you need.

JMHO

Don't miss this site it was fabulous!

Edited by nana541

It really helps if you would "title" your thread better.... "Help please" just joins another list of posts by newbies.

Try to put exactly what you are looking for "Barcelona SAGRADA FAMILIA tickets Help!"

Then people with this knowledge know exactly what you need without even need to open and see what help you need.

JMHO

Don't miss this site it was fabulous!

yes nana, you are right I should have worded it better.

tickets are booked now, 11am with the tour starting at 11.15, that gives us plenty of time to get there, and a good wander round after the tour,

Haven't done this in a few years... but, it seems I remember yes that you pick a time to enter but then there are only a certain number of guided tours a day. So you need to pick that time separate from your admission ticket. I remember strolling the outside and inside before the actual guided tour. Again, it's been 4 years or so. But I think that you are thinking correct. Our one ticket included admission and the tour. Someone here has probably done it more recently tho.

thank you, eandj

tickets booked now :)

for the 10 am slot, it indicates that there are 280 tickets tho

Not all the guided tours at in English. As you seem to have found out by now, only the 11:15 AM and 12:30, 1:45, and 3:00 PM guided tours are in English.

The available on other timed admissions are for guided tours in either Spanish or Catalan.

A guided tour is not necessary. There is an outstanding audiotour you can do at your leisure.

Whoops! Saying the audio tour can be done "at your leisure" is somewhat misleading. An audioguide visit must be booked for entry in a specific 15-minute entry window. You won't be allowed to enter before the window begins or after it ends; however, you can stay as long as you please.

Not all the guided tours at in English. As you seem to have found out by now, only the 11:15 AM and 12:30, 1:45, and 3:00 PM guided tours are in English.

The available on other timed admissions are for guided tours in either Spanish or Catalan.

thank you, that is good to know. It never stated that the tours were in any language. I just presumed that all before that time were booked :D

thank you, that is good to know. It never stated that the tours were in any language. I just presumed that all before that time were booked :D

The booking site is most peculiar in that if offers tourists the screen with the tour times before asking them to select the preferred language. This sequence is bound to produce the confusion that you wrote about. It is only when a tourist moves to the next screen in the process that the choice of language is offered.

I can only assume that the booking site read your IP address and knew it originated from an English-speaking country which is why the site offered you two English tour options despite the fact that you tried booking 10:00 AM

The booking site is most peculiar in that if offers tourists the screen with the tour times before asking them to select the preferred language. This sequence is bound to produce the confusion that you wrote about. It is only when a tourist moves to the next screen in the process that the choice of language is offered.

I can only assume that the booking site read your IP address and knew it originated from an English-speaking country which is why the site offered you two English tour options despite the fact that you tried booking 10:00 AM

hmmmm I'm worried and confused now:confused:

have booked entry times (I think) for 11am with the tour starting at 11.15, does that sound right to you? I have printed the tickets, and I know I need to take them with me, but do we exchange them?

The English lang. tour times are on the web site. ANd yes you are in one of those. No need to worry now. You are set.

Just make sure when you get there that you go to the correct entrance to get in...not the LONG line where people without tix/res. are. You'll figure it out.;)

Edited by eandj

The English lang. tour times are on the web site. ANd yes you are in one of those. No need to worry now. You are set.

Just make sure when you get there that you go to the correct entrance to get in...not the LONG line where people without tix/res. are. You'll figure it out.;)

hope so :D

hmmmm I'm worried and confused now:confused:

have booked entry times (I think) for 11am with the tour starting at 11.15, does that sound right to you? I have printed the tickets, and I know I need to take them with me, but do we exchange them?

I haven't followed the booking process through to completion, but frankly, you may have cause for concern. When I tried booking a guided tour entry for May 29, I never encountered a screen that had me booked at 11:00 for an 11:15 tour. Of course, logic would tell any visitor that he/she needs to be at the basilica early than the tour starting time/place by 11:15. However, the web pages I'm looking at keep don't ask folks intent on taking the 11:15 English tour to book an 11:00 entry.

What is your price per ticket? 19.30 Euros or 14.80 Euros? If it's the higher price, at least you bought admission including either a guided tour or a reserved audioguide.

Did you ever specify the language you'd prefer?

Do you have a print out of your ticket? What does it say?

If you start by answering those questions, we may be able to reassure you that all is well.

Whoops! Saying the audio tour can be done "at your leisure" is somewhat misleading. An audioguide visit must be booked for entry in a specific 15-minute entry window. You won't be allowed to enter before the window begins or after it ends; however, you can stay as long as you please.

Ok. I'll clarify. First an audio tour is optional, no? It was when we went. After you go through the gates for your independent tour you have the option if renting the audio guide. Then you can walk as slowly or quickly through the cathedral areas as you wish. With a guided tour you need to stay close by to the guide and the others in your group if you wish to hear the guide

Ok. I'll clarify. First an audio tour is optional, no? It was when we went. After you go through the gates for your independent tour you have the option if renting the audio guide. Then you can walk as slowly or quickly through the cathedral areas as you wish. With a guided tour you need to stay close by to the guide and the others in your group if you wish to hear the guide

What you've described from your visit doesn't seem to apply to the current online system. If you go to the basilica's online booking site, there is no option for booking independent admission to the basilica with the possibility of renting the audio-guide on-site.

Now, you must choose between independent admission and admission with a reserved audio guide (or a guide). The independent admission is for hour-long windows of admission (e.g. arrive any time within that window/stay as long as you like) This admission with audio-guide includes a guaranteed audio-guide available, but the window of admission is much narrower (e.g. arrive within a 15 minute band/stay as long as you like).

The third basilica option is the guided tour. You're absolutely correct that the group must keep pace with the leader while the tour is taking place. However, at the end of the tour, all participants are allowed to return to the basilica to stay as long as they want.

I haven't followed the booking process through to completion, but frankly, you may have cause for concern. When I tried booking a guided tour entry for May 29, I never encountered a screen that had me booked at 11:00 for an 11:15 tour. Of course, logic would tell any visitor that he/she needs to be at the basilica early than the tour starting time/place by 11:15. However, the web pages I'm looking at keep don't ask folks intent on taking the 11:15 English tour to book an 11:00 entry.

What is your price per ticket? 19.30 Euros or 14.80 Euros? If it's the higher price, at least you bought admission including either a guided tour or a reserved audioguide.

Did you ever specify the language you'd prefer?

Do you have a print out of your ticket? What does it say?

If you start by answering those questions, we may be able to reassure you that all is well.

Our ticket price is the 19.30 euros

when i first went to the site I selected english as my language, but i think it was to translate the page,do u think that would suffice to indicate that I wanted english for everything

yes I have a print out, would need to check what it says tho.

in fact i have 6 print outs one for each party member. do we have to exchange these for 'proper tickets'

thanks pet nit noy, you have been a great help