Wheelchair users.....Priority Boarding

I was on Azura in April in a wheelchair & did not get priority boarding there was

a long queue to board which was quite difficult to negotiate.Cunard Celebrity Royal Caribbean all have priority boarding!

I use a mobility scooter and on arrival at the terminal I head to the disability queue. Normally a member of staff checks your name on the list and directs you to check in. Depending on how many disabled checking in, is how big the queue is. I have always found it quick to go through check in and getting on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an accident three days prior to my cruise on Azura 2 years ago and when I arrived in my wheelchair, I was given priority and were were onboard in no time at all. Disembarking- well that was a different story and we were waiting forever in a lounge to be collected and we were very late getting to our coach as a result.

I am a wheelchair user and would like to know if I get priority boarding at embarkation.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Yes you get priority boarding, but it is only of use if the standard boarding queue is full. I have seen the assistance boarding queue being longer than the standard one. In one case the standard boarding was also shorter than the priority one. Does not help in Mayflower when there is only one lift for wheelchair users. It is better in Ocean with a dedicated area for assisted passengers and special low checking desks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can I ask about the priority boarding for disabled?

My daughter is disabled but in a special needs buggy not a wheel chair (she doesn't need one yet)

Can I call P&O to request this? Do I need to show her DLA as proof etc too?

I have to book an adapted cabin, so P&O always send me a medical form, so this is how I am added to the list. Give them a ring, and they will email a form out to you. I have never shown any proof, but I do use a mobility scooter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk