Msc YC cabin question

JPR61

Yes, choices of wine they are offering each night, Proseco, sparkling or still water, coffees, teas,etc. They also have a sommelier helping with wines for a fee.

Regarding laundry, have you used the "search" feature on the MSC home page? That might help.

Yes tried that. It tells me the price in euros, we use pounds here, gather that it'll be dollars on the divina. But more importantly it doesn't say if shirt, shorts and the like are ironed. Hopefully someone will have used this service and get back to me.

Cruise, we'll be on the Divina this coming Saturday. We have a suite in the Yacht Club but the couple we are traveling with do not. Are we able to dine with them in whatever restaurant they are assigned?

JPR61, here is a link to the laundry pricing. https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/sets/72157643234679793/page5/

I have seen responses regarding dining that you will need to check for space availability if you wish to join your friends for dinner. Breakfast and lunch is open seating. There is a charge per person if you have them as guests in the YC restaurant.

Yes tried that. It tells me the price in euros, we use pounds here, gather that it'll be dollars on the divina. But more importantly it doesn't say if shirt, shorts and the like are ironed. Hopefully someone will have used this service and get back to me.

If I remember, there is a space to write instructions so you could request ironing.

Thanks, but I can't seem to see the prices, could you try again please.

If you click on the thumbnail of the laundry pricing it will open up into a larger image or

here is a link to another thread regarding laundry on the Divina: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1999436

Edited by Mikesa1721

I did call my TA to ask for one of these, they in turn called MSC and apparently they said they were all booked.

Either the TA or MSC might be misinformed, or someone might even be deliberately misinforming people. Those cabins (15029 & 15031) show as available on a variety of online sites. MSC themselves don't show them available on their own website, but they just show the first 4 staterooms available in a category, so there's no way of telling on the MSC site if an individual stateroom is open or not.

So, either they are sold but MSC hasn't marked them to show out of inventory for the systems that connect to MSC (which would cause problems for the poor sucker who ends up booking that cabin on one of those sites). Or, they aren't sold and MSC and/or your TA are just being dumb about figuring that out. Or, they are available, but there's a deliberate decision by MSC to only make them available to the US market and not the UK market or not to B2B or something strange like that.

Here's a couple of screenshots from 5 minutes ago. I can't post a direct link to the site, but this was the online travel agency whose name kind of is a variation on the word "expedient".

And here's another from a German site that helps you "scan" the "sea". It shows a different set of cabins, but shows them both as available for the B2B. The key seem to be that the online sites won't show these unless you're booking 3+ people, but a good TA should be able to get around that by contacting MSC directly (assuming these are actually available).

2014-09-06.jpg.46b28802152a31ab9b8c401dd040c833.jpg

2014-09-13.jpg.ccafd02916c72d0fc25c5045d890c0a6.jpg

b2b.jpg.f6d1098983915ca59aa9ef705749a81a.jpg

Either the TA or MSC might be misinformed, or someone might even be deliberately misinforming people. Those cabins (15029 & 15031) show as available on a variety of online sites. MSC themselves don't show them available on their own website, but they just show the first 4 staterooms available in a category, so there's no way of telling on the MSC site if an individual stateroom is open or not.

So, either they are sold but MSC hasn't marked them to show out of inventory for the systems that connect to MSC (which would cause problems for the poor sucker who ends up booking that cabin on one of those sites). Or, they aren't sold and MSC and/or your TA are just being dumb about figuring that out. Or, they are available, but there's a deliberate decision by MSC to only make them available to the US market and not the UK market or not to B2B or something strange like that.

Here's a couple of screenshots from 5 minutes ago. I can't post a direct link to the site, but this was the online travel agency whose name kind of is a variation on the word "expedient".

And here's another from a German site that helps you "scan" the "sea". It shows a different set of cabins, but shows them both as available for the B2B. The key seem to be that the online sites won't show these unless you're booking 3+ people, but a good TA should be able to get around that by contacting MSC directly (assuming these are actually available).

Thanks. Did a pretend booking for 3 adults, and as you said, these cabins are coming up as available. Not too happy. As I said already did call my TA and asked, they in turn asked MSC who sent an email back (I have a copy) saying that they were not available. Wonder why that is. These cabins can be occupied by just 2 people I gather? ?

I think a call to the TA in the morning would be a good idea. If MSC are not willing to give this cabin to a TA not sure what else to do - any suggestions? ?

All items sent to the laundry are ironed, and you have the choice of having them returned folded or in the case of items that can go on hangers you can have them on hangers if you prefer that to folding.

When we were on Divina in the med , in the YC, and there was an offer of 30 items for 25 euros, the items could be sent in small batches until you reached the total of 30. the service was available every day with the last load on the morning of the last but one full day , ie thursday morning if disembarkation was saturday.

items were listed on a form and placed in a bag for the butler to take away, often we had them back the same evening but always got them back by 17:00 the following day.

I guess the service will be similar in the caribbean

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks. Did a pretend booking for 3 adults, and as you said, these cabins are coming up as available. Not too happy. As I said already did call my TA and asked, they in turn asked MSC who sent an email back (I have a copy) saying that they were not available. Wonder why that is. These cabins can be occupied by just 2 people I gather? ?

I think a call to the TA in the morning would be a good idea. If MSC are not willing to give this cabin to a TA not sure what else to do - any suggestions? ?

We had 15028, a square cabin, on Divina in March. We were two adults and an infant. The cabin and balcony are MUCH bigger than the other YC1's. We absolutely loved it so much we have the same cabin booked Sept. 20. But beware...once you have the yacht club, you will NEVER want to cruise any other way! Right, cruisergal?

All items sent to the laundry are ironed, and you have the choice of having them returned folded or in the case of items that can go on hangers you can have them on hangers if you prefer that to folding.

When we were on Divina in the med , in the YC, and there was an offer of 30 items for 25 euros, the items could be sent in small batches until you reached the total of 30. the service was available every day with the last load on the morning of the last but one full day , ie thursday morning if disembarkation was saturday.

items were listed on a form and placed in a bag for the butler to take away, often we had them back the same evening but always got them back by 17:00 the following day.

I guess the service will be similar in the caribbean

Pete

Thanks for that, it's a big help

We had 15028, a square cabin, on Divina in March. We were two adults and an infant. The cabin and balcony are MUCH bigger than the other YC1's. We absolutely loved it so much we have the same cabin booked Sept. 20. But beware...once you have the yacht club, you will NEVER want to cruise any other way! Right, cruisergal?

Everyone keeps telling me this, so really looking forward to it. I called my TA today and asked if they could check again with MSC as I'd really like one of the squarer cabins too.

I would suggest booking a third person to make the room available, then call back later to tell them "uh, that third person can't actually make it. Let's go ahead and take them off the reservation" while keeping the same room.

I think such shenanigans shouldn't be required. I do think it's nice that they're trying to save the bigger rooms for bigger parties who would certainly appreciate the extra space, but we're actually getting pretty close to the sailing date here. Time to open those things up.

Note: If you do try my suggestion you could give them a fake name as the third person. However, I'd prefer you just give them my name. That way if you forget to call back and cancel the third person and inadvertently pay an extra cruise fare, at least I'd be able to help you by making sure that the extra cruise fare wouldn't go to waste!

We have 15031 booked for our cruise there are 3 of us in it We have another 4 cabins booked in our group and when I asked if they could have the bigger cabins they said no they are only for groups of 3.

Judith

You might want to check frequently for a YC2 cabin. We were in a YC1 on 8/16 and I noticed a YC2 open up a few weeks ago. It was not available at the time of my original booking. I got double the space for an additional $200.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk