REVIEW: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean - 4/5/14 thru 4/12/14

Yay!!!!!! So glad you are doing a review!!!!

I LOVED your Valor review!!:D:D

Great pictures.

I, am not a fan of flying at all. White knuckles the entire trip. Although, the Bloody Mary's on Southwest DO help.....lol

Now I have learned to just look at other people and see if they're panicking.

If they're not, which they never are, I just take a few deep breaths.

Despise flying.

Thank you again. Cannot wait to read more.

Thank you! :) I was definitely on the fence about it but decided to go ahead and do it. I have a feeling this is going to be more of a "pistol" to do than the Valor review was. For some reason, the times and dates on my pictures are all out of order, so I'm having to skip back and forth to get the pictures in order. Arrrrgh!! LOL!!!

I know so many others who hate to fly unless they absolutely have to and they sedate themselves with booze. DH also said to watch the flight attendants and I was, but everything seemed fine and we made it there and back. It's just so much of a hassle though and lugging everything around but it's worth it.

Thanks for following along.

Thanks for posting review. Looking forward to our cruise on the Liberty.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

Thank you! You will love Liberty. When are you going and which itinerary are you sailing on? I checked out Carnival's website and it looks like they have some good itineraries coming up.

Looking forward to your review!!

We loved the Liberty.. one of our favorite ships!

Thank you! We really love Liberty too. Beautiful ship and we loved the decor.

Looking forward to reading more , thanks .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! I have a feeling this one will take longer than my first since I don't have everything all typed up yet. I cheat by typing it up first then copying and pasting. As I mentioned above, the pictures being out of order are making it take a little longer than I'd hoped. I will finish this though, I promise. :)

Loving your review! Please discuss any food hints. We will be on next weekend!

Thank you! Liberty now has the "American Table", which is good but there are some of my old time favorites missing (Spaghetti Carbonera). We didn't do the formal nights, in which they have the American Feast. I think those are the nights with steak and lobster. We never did try the steakhouse. The breakfast buffet is ok, but really kicking ourselves for not trying the Blue Iguana burrito bar for breakfast. Actually we never ate there. Try it. :) The Guy's Burgers are awesome! We never went to the pizza place but I've always heard that it's good. All of the food we had was really good and it's very easy to over eat, but it's vacation, right? :)

I am loving your review and definitely subscribing. I knew you would change your mind and do a review and I am happy that you did.

Love your pictures from the plane. It was as if I was flying right along with you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! :) I'm actually kicking myself right now for doing this, but it's only because my pictures ended up out of order somehow and it's taking much longer than I'd hoped it would. Grrrr!!!! I really thought I'd get all of Day 1 done, but that's not happening tonight. LOL!!!!

I'm still following your review and am hoping to get caught up on yours tonight. Thanks for following.

I am loving your review! Liberty is my favorite ship, followed closely by the Freedom, but I have loved them all.

I really enjoyed your photos taken from the plane.

Looking forward to more of your review:)

Thank you for following! We really love Liberty but I find that I love all the ships we've sailed on. We still need to sail on Freedom one of these days but I did finally see her from the air.

I take a lot of pictures from the plane, if it's clear enough, to pass time. I have a hard time sitting still.

Curious if the Tervis tumblers have "red frog" or "blue iguana" on them"?

Thanks!

Yes, they each have the logos printed on the front. At the end of the review, I'll be posting pictures of the souvenir cups. If you're interested in purchasing both, I recommend getting them both the first day. I'll get into it more further along in the review, but I almost missed out on the Blue Iguana one. They sell out quick.

pghsteelerfan,

Yumm! Can't wait 'til my next Guy's which will also be on Liberty. Pics and detail much appreciated!

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one that takes multiple pics from plane windows then googles later to see, or make sure of, what I saw. :D

Thank you Paul!

I LOVE your review and was getting around to commenting on it when things slowed down. I enjoyed your most recent review as much as I have the others. I love your pictures and you and your family seem like you'd be a lot of fun to cruise with. When is your next cruise on Liberty? I hope you don't have to wait until spring break next year. I'm could go for a Guy Burger right now too.

Really enjoyed seeing your pictures of DC before your most recent cruise on Pride. We live fairly close but never get down there. We were here 20 years before we finally saw the cherry blossoms in full bloom.

We almost booked the same cruise on Pride that you did but we knew it would be cold on the Chesapeake and needed a warm water "fix".

You Google plane window pictures too? I know someone else who does so we're not the only ones. :)

A fellow "Yinzer", yeah!!! After the winter we had, I sure wouldn't mind living in South Carolina. Thank you for following and I hope you enjoy the rest I have to come. How 'bout those Penguins? I hope they bring Stanley home. :)

We had a unusually cold winter for down here ,but it has been warming up .Pens are doing it they just need to finish the rangers off.Been watching the NFL draft I like the picks they made hoping the guys will have another playoff superbowl run.Taking all of your review in ,glad that the liberty will be in Port Canaveral ,it's all I can do to get my GF to drive there airfare's are too high from here in Myrtle beach or charleston .Ready to go to Aruba ,Curacao and Grand Turk ,never been to any of those ports.You take great pictures and are doing a great review ,thanks.

How wonderful were the pics of DC My DH and I were both born in DC many many years age. It was great to see the stadiums; we are Redskins and Nationals fans. I could actually see the area I lived when in High School'

again thank you for your great review.

we just got off of the Liberty on May 9th and had a great time. she is a pretty ship.

dot

Thank you and I'm so glad you enjoyed the pictures of DC. I was so happy we flew over this time. When I saw the stadium, I had a feeling we were close, but with that air space, I wasn't sure until I saw the monuments. Feel free to copy the pictures of DC if you would like. I don't mind sharing. :)

Even though we're Pittsburgh fans, I will also root for the Redskins and Nationals, as long as they aren't playing the Steelers or Pirates. We're pulling for the Wizzards and hope they can advance further in the NBA playoffs.

So you were on Liberty on the first sailing out of Port Canaveral, how was it? I had no idea she was being moved until after our cruise. Liberty IS a pretty ship. Thank you for following.

You do the BEST reviews!!!! So detailed! Perfect amount of pictures. Cannot wait for more. Thank you for taking the time to do this!:D:D

Thank you again! It will take longer than my first review, but I promise I will get it finished. I know those promises have been made and not kept before, but I will follow through and finish. I'm glad you are enjoying it. :)

I am loving your review! Excellent photos too!

re the photo of the gulls flying; I have never seen gulls flying in formation like that, only ever have seen geese doing that. I live in Canada! We have gulls all over but never seen them do that before.

I am subscribing to your review:)

The gulls flying - I thought they were geese because of that formation and couldn't believe when I realized they were gulls. Actually, it could be geese since I used the zoom for the picture and it's hard to tell. I have seen white geese before that were referred to as "domesticated geese".

Thanks for subscribing. :)

We had a unusually cold winter for down here ,but it has been warming up .Pens are doing it they just need to finish the rangers off.Been watching the NFL draft I like the picks they made hoping the guys will have another playoff superbowl run.Taking all of your review in ,glad that the liberty will be in Port Canaveral ,it's all I can do to get my GF to drive there airfare's are too high from here in Myrtle beach or charleston .Ready to go to Aruba ,Curacao and Grand Turk ,never been to any of those ports.You take great pictures and are doing a great review ,thanks.

I heard it was cold down there too. I have a friend who lives in Charleston and she was posting about the cold on that "popular social networking" site. Atlanta really got hit hard this year too, I think it was the whole East Coast.

I'm really hoping for some more championship seasons from all our Pittsburgh teams. The Pirates are way over due but they made a good run last year. I haven't been following the draft but DH is, so I'm hoping their picks will pan out.

I've never been to any of those ports either and that may be the itinerary for our next cruise, whenever that may be.

I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures, there will be many more coming! :)

The gulls flying - I thought they were geese because of that formation and couldn't believe when I realized they were gulls. Actually, it could be geese since I used the zoom for the picture and it's hard to tell. I have seen white geese before that were referred to as "domesticated geese".

Thanks for subscribing. :)

or, snow geese! Wow...still that is one spectacular photo! Either way, beautiful white birds flying in formation. Love it.

Edited by SMSACE6

100_8169-1.jpg

You got pics of Ted Waitt's boat! I never was a fan of Gateway computers, but I sure do like his boat!

Thank you Paul!

I LOVE your review and was getting around to commenting on it when things slowed down. I enjoyed your most recent review as much as I have the others. I love your pictures and you and your family seem like you'd be a lot of fun to cruise with. When is your next cruise on Liberty? I hope you don't have to wait until spring break next year. I'm could go for a Guy Burger right now too.

Really enjoyed seeing your pictures of DC before your most recent cruise on Pride. We live fairly close but never get down there. We were here 20 years before we finally saw the cherry blossoms in full bloom.

We almost booked the same cruise on Pride that you did but we knew it would be cold on the Chesapeake and needed a warm water "fix".

You Google plane window pictures too? I know someone else who does so we're not the only ones. :)

pghsteelerfan,

Thank you.

Our next cruise will be Spring Break '15 April 4 on Carnival Liberty....and that's a loooonnnggg time away! We've looked at many options between now and then and there's just not time between ballgames, practices, and then of course work and school which seem to always get in the way. We're planning a B2B next summer on Breeze.

Sailing from Baltimore was great in many ways, but we missed our 'warm water fix' as well. Lesson learned; sail from Baltimore again, but do so in the summer....;)

Yes I google plane window pictures and random pictures of yachts. ;)

Looking forward to more of our Liberty thru your lens and words!

I'd love to take a cruise out of Miami...we did Bahamas out of Port Canaveral in 2012, but since we're in Southern California, it's a little easier to sail from this side (although I'm really jealous that there are more selections to choose from on the East Coast :rolleyes: )

I loved all the pics of the different ships and the local boats...you didn't happen to see the "Slice of Life," did you? (Dexter reference)

Can't wait to read more. That blue water and that first sunset was mesmerizing! :)

Thank you so much! :) I'm actually kicking myself right now for doing this, but it's only because my pictures ended up out of order somehow and it's taking much longer than I'd hoped it would. Grrrr!!!! I really thought I'd get all of Day 1 done, but that's not happening tonight. LOL!!!!

I'm still following your review and am hoping to get caught up on yours tonight. Thanks for following.

Are you using Photobucket?? My photos always load out of order. It is a pain. Your pictures are definitely making me want to book the Liberty.

More pictures of the beautiful sunset we got to see:

100_8202-1.jpg

100_8206-1.jpg

100_8208-1.jpg

This was a zoomed in view:

100_8212-1.jpg

IMG_6491-1.jpg

IMG_6493-1.jpg

I'm going to wrap this up for the evening and will try to get back either later tonight or tomorrow to finish Day 1 of our cruise.

OMG.....these are the BEST sunset pics that I have ever seen in a review. Absolutely Beautiful.....

I usually try to get sunset pictures but a lot of time we are eating and miss it.

Liked your airplane pictures. I hate flying so this is a different view. We usually take the train:)

or, snow geese! Wow...still that is one spectacular photo! Either way, beautiful white birds flying in formation. Love it.

Snow geese, that could be it. I don't think I've ever seen them before. Thanks about the photo. I almost missed them but someone else pointed out for another person to "check out the sea gulls" and that's when I also looked up. I zoomed in a little for the picture but was glad to be at the right place at the right time. They really were beautiful.

You got pics of Ted Waitt's boat! I never was a fan of Gateway computers, but I sure do like his boat!

Thank you for letting me know whose boat it is. We're not fans of Gateway computers either. One of the companies I used to work for as a receptionist in the 1990's used Gateway computers and on one of the first deliveries of the computers while I was there, I notified the department they were going to. They informed me that "the herd of cattle" were delivered because of the boxes they came in. I'm with you on liking that boat.

pghsteelerfan,

Thank you.

Our next cruise will be Spring Break '15 April 4 on Carnival Liberty....and that's a loooonnnggg time away! We've looked at many options between now and then and there's just not time between ballgames, practices, and then of course work and school which seem to always get in the way. We're planning a B2B next summer on Breeze.

Sailing from Baltimore was great in many ways, but we missed our 'warm water fix' as well. Lesson learned; sail from Baltimore again, but do so in the summer....;)

Yes I google plane window pictures and random pictures of yachts. ;)

Looking forward to more of our Liberty thru your lens and words!

Spring Break '15 is a long time away. I have no idea when our next cruise will be, but probably longer than that. I can understand with work, school and sports schedules. I have two nephews and a nice and all are involved in sports too. The oldest (almost 14) is playing baseball for three different teams. The high school JV team, regular league team and a junior American Legion team. He's very good, a natural, and has loved baseball since he was 2. With a schedule like that, I just hope he doesn't get burned out.

When I was reading your review, I told my DH that we should have gone on the Pride cruise since the weather looked great. We've been to Grand Turk (Jack's Shack and conch graveyard were what we did too) and HMC, which I just love and would love to go back. When I got to the last part of your review, I wasn't kicking myself so much. I used Ginger root for motion sickness the first several days of our cruise but we hit rougher seas at the end and the ginger had no affect. I had Dramamine as a back up, but I don't even think that would have helped me on that last sea day you had. I'd really love to go on Pride out of Baltimore in the summer sometime and we're trying to get a group of friends to do that one.

We saw a really nice yacht in St. Maarten last year and I ended up looking that one up. I forget who the current owner was but it was for sale, for a really outrageous price.

Again, I have really enjoyed your reviews over the years and always look forward to seeing your Spring Break cruises. I can't get over how fast your boys are growing up though!

Are you using Photobucket?? My photos always load out of order. It is a pain. Your pictures are definitely making me want to book the Liberty.

I'm using Photobucket right now but am getting prepared, just in case. I know that one of the programs I use, Shutterfly, is free and some others have used Shutterfly to upload to Cruise Critic. I've tried but I can't get it to work for me every time, so I decided to just use Photobucket. I noticed that they do load out of order but somehow one of my cameras had the wrong date. When I change batteries, I always have to reset the date/time and I always made sure they were accurate. For some reason, the date and time in the main set up menu was wrong. I should have thought about that before we left. Lesson learned. LOL!!!

As for booking Liberty, I think you should. She is now sailing out of Port Canaveral. :)

OMG.....these are the BEST sunset pics that I have ever seen in a review. Absolutely Beautiful.....

Thank you! We really lucked out with this one. This is the best sunset I've ever seen on a cruise. We had just the right amount of clouds that evening. You had some sunset pictures, I think from the cruise that you took before this last one, that I really love. Weren't you sailing out of Miami for that one?

I'd love to take a cruise out of Miami...we did Bahamas out of Port Canaveral in 2012, but since we're in Southern California, it's a little easier to sail from this side (although I'm really jealous that there are more selections to choose from on the East Coast :rolleyes: )

I loved all the pics of the different ships and the local boats...you didn't happen to see the "Slice of Life," did you? (Dexter reference)

Can't wait to read more. That blue water and that first sunset was mesmerizing! :)

Believe it or not, your most recent review is one of the few that I'm following right now. I also enjoyed your others as well. There are so many different cruises I'd like to do and one is a Mexican Riviera out of Southern CA. We were on one with DH's family on RCI in January 2000 that went to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta and I loved it. I know Carnival isn't going to Mazatlan right now but hopefully they can go there again soon. I don't know why there aren't more sailing options out of CA.

"Slice of Life"? Believe it or not, we never saw Dexter but that's one I'd like to get the DVD's of and "binge watch" sometime. You'll have to enlighten me on "Slice of Live". LOL!!!

Yes, that sunset was mesmerizing and was the best sunset we've ever seen on a cruise. Thanks for following.