Transfer deposit to another booking?

I just got off EOS and while I was on it I went down to the cruise desk to cancel my QOS cruise because the process at the terminal was aweful and I had heard the new terminal would not be ready for my December cruise. The person I spoke to told me they had not had any information that the terminal would not be ready in time and said as far as they knew it would be ready. She told me not to cancel and if the terminal wasn't ready I could transfer my cruise to another one with no penalty. I hope she gave me the correct information as I decided not to cancel and hoping everything is on schedule.

Not sure about transferring bookings made in Europe...but here in the US as long as it is before final payment you can transfer your booking/deposit to another future sailing...I just did this a couple weeks ago for a cruise I had booked for this Dec.

Hi bermuda, yes, I think in your case it would be because they had a certain liability to you if the terminal wasn't ready.

KC320, think you are right, it's because your deposits are refindable that they are also transferable.

Anyone with UK/Ireland experience of transferring deposits to different bookings on another cruise? Thanks.

Hi bermuda, yes, I think in your case it would be because they had a certain liability to you if the terminal wasn't ready.

KC320, think you are right, it's because your deposits are refindable that they are also transferable.

Anyone with UK/Ireland experience of transferring deposits to different bookings on another cruise? Thanks.

Yes in the UK you can. However, there is a fee of GBP 75.00 per person for the first 2 passengers on the booking. Therefore, 50% of your GBP 150 pp deposit is charged.

I've had to do it twice unfortunately, once transferring from a Celebrity booking to a new RCI sailing, and from one RCI sailing to another.

Basically, your existing GBP300 deposit (if it is for 2 pax) is transferred and at the time of making the change you will be asked to pay a further GBP150 (again for 2 pax).

On the invoice for your new sailing, you will see the GBP300 deposit and the GBP150 transfer fee as the payments made against the new sailing, with the GBP150 transfer fee as an additional item on the invoice.

Hope that makes sense. Any questions, please ask as I've done it a couple of times now.

Yes in the UK you can. However, there is a fee of GBP 75.00 per person for the first 2 passengers on the booking. Therefore, 50% of your GBP 150 pp deposit is charged.

I've had to do it twice unfortunately, once transferring from a Celebrity booking to a new RCI sailing, and from one RCI sailing to another.

Basically, your existing GBP300 deposit (if it is for 2 pax) is transferred and at the time of making the change you will be asked to pay a further GBP150 (again for 2 pax).

On the invoice for your new sailing, you will see the GBP300 deposit and the GBP150 transfer fee as the payments made against the new sailing, with the GBP150 transfer fee as an additional item on the invoice.

Hope that makes sense. Any questions, please ask as I've done it a couple of times now.

Peter, thanks for this. Just to clarify, if I've already paid the deposit on the other booking would that matter, i.e. that they would still transfer over what remains of one deposit to the other cruise remaining balance? Thanks.

Peter, thanks for this. Just to clarify, if I've already paid the deposit on the other booking would that matter, i.e. that they would still transfer over what remains of one deposit to the other cruise remaining balance? Thanks.
Yes, that's the scenario I was describing. You've already paid the GBP300, that will transfer across.

Yes, that's the scenario I was describing. You've already paid the GBP300, that will transfer across.

Sorry Peter, I didn't explain myself properly.

Currently I have £300 deposits paid on both cruises. So what I'm hoping is that, after the charge, £150 could transfer over to the other cruise on which the deposit is already paid making it £450 paid on the second cruise. Or do they only allow transfers if they form part of the actual deposit on a new cruise.

Hope that makes sense.

In other words,

Sorry Peter, I didn't explain myself properly.

Currently I have £300 deposits paid on both cruises. So what I'm hoping is that, after the charge, £150 could transfer over to the other cruise on which the deposit is already paid making it £450 paid on the second cruise. Or do they only allow transfers if they form part of the actual deposit on a new cruise.

Hope that makes sense.

In other words,

Apologies, I understand now. I assumed you had 1 cruise booked (on which you've paid £300 deposit) and were just wanting to transfer to another new cruise on which you have not yet booked nor paid a deposit.

What you are trying to do if I understand correctly, is to cancel 1 cruise and continue with the other. I'd check, but I reckon they will consider one cruise as a complete cancellation and so you'll lose the whole £300 deposit on that one and they won't transfer any monies to the remaining cruise. As far as I have experienced they only allow transfer of deposits to a completely new cruise as you mention.

Apologies, I understand now. I assumed you had 1 cruise booked (on which you've paid £300 deposit) and were just wanting to transfer to another new cruise on which you have not yet booked nor paid a deposit.

What you are trying to do if I understand correctly, is to cancel 1 cruise and continue with the other. I'd check, but I reckon they will consider one cruise as a complete cancellation and so you'll lose the whole £300 deposit on that one and they won't transfer any monies to the remaining cruise. As far as I have experienced they only allow transfer of deposits to a completely new cruise as you mention.

Unfortunately I suspect you will be right! Maybe they'll allow me convert it to a future deposit voucher!