Mariner questions

We'll be on the Mariner in October and are wondering if someone could answer these questions for us:

Johnny Rockets - are the desserts included or extra?

Is there a separate Sauna/Steam Room for men and women?

On Eastern Itinerary - Anyone that has gone on a tour with Godfrey in St. Thomas, how much did you tip?

Also, what did you do for lunch on Godfrey’s tour?

I've read that the soft-serve ice cream that is now located by the pool isn't available all day long, does anyone know what time it's available.

I've read on several reviews about the white backdrop pictures and how well they turn out. Are they taken on smart casual or casual night?

Are there any recent Eastern Compasses posted anywhere?

Thanks for your help.

Johnny Rockets - are the desserts included or extra? The desserts are extra

Is there a separate Sauna/Steam Room for men and women? Yes .. and they are very nice!!

On Eastern Itinerary - Anyone that has gone on a tour with Godfrey in St. Thomas, how much did you tip? We did the Godfrey Tour and it was fantastic ... we tipped $10.00 (there was four in our party)

Also, what did you do for lunch on Godfrey’s tour? He first drops you off in St. Thomas to shop for a couple of hours ... there are several placed to eat in St. Thomas. We ate very close to the open market (that is where he picks you up and takes you on the tour)

I've read that the soft-serve ice cream that is now located by the pool isn't available all day long, does anyone know what time it's available. It was available almost all day on sea days ... I don't think they open it when the ship is docked. They run out of chocolate very quickly ... so if you like chocolate make sure you get there early in the day!!

I've read on several reviews about the white backdrop pictures and how well they turn out. Are they taken on smart casual or casual night? We took a white background picture and it turned out great!! They do these on casual nights,

Are there any recent Eastern Compasses posted anywhere? I don't know.

Thanks for your help.

We'll be on the Mariner in October and are wondering if someone could answer these questions for us:

Johnny Rockets - are the desserts included or extra?

Is there a separate Sauna/Steam Room for men and women?

On Eastern Itinerary - Anyone that has gone on a tour with Godfrey in St. Thomas, how much did you tip?

I've read that the soft-serve ice cream that is now located by the pool isn't available all day long, does anyone know what time it's available.

I've read on several reviews about the white backdrop pictures and how well they turn out. Are they taken on smart casual or casual night?

Are there any recent Eastern Compasses posted anywhere?

Thanks for your help.

Hey There- Johnny Rockets does charge for milk shakes, but not a standard dessert. :)

Yes there is a seperate sauna/steamroom for men and woman, they are located in the HUGE locker rooms in the gym.

I cant answer the questions about the ST Thomas excursion, but I can tell you that the white drop pictures are WONDERFUL. On our honeymoon we took a lot of these and got a lot of them as well...They are the same style you would spend a fortune on for a sitting on land, so make sure YOU DO IT:) The Mariner is a BEAUTIFUL ship and I cant wait to go on here again when she starts sailing to Cocoa Cay. ENJOY!

Tim

Johnny Rockets - are the desserts included or extra? The desserts are extra

Hey Ladybug- I just pulled out my receipt and the Oreo/Ice Cream dessert was not charged. I KNOW I KNOW I cant believe I have those still:) hehe

I am so sorry for the bad information on Johnny Rockets ... I didn't realize you could get any dessert there ... I was referring to the milk shakes. We never made it to Johnny Rockets so I shouldn't have answered that question ... My Bad!! :o

Godfrey was great! So knowledgeable and friendly. I think we tipped him $5 for two.

We ate at the Hard Rock in St. Thomas. You can eat inside or outside on the balcony if there are some seats available. We ate inside since it was so hot outside.

Don't know about the soft-serve ice cream poolside, but it was pretty much available all day long in the Promenade.

Theresa

Johnny Rockets - are the desserts included or extra? Desserts are included and yummy- choice of Oreo Sundae or Apple Pie (with ice cream or cheese)

We went with Godfrey and would HIGHLY recommend this tour. We tipped $5 (for 2)

This was the one thing we didn't like. We got dropped off at Saphire Beach (which is connected to a resort) around 1 pm and went and snorkelled a bit first (there is a place to rent gear). When we went to the beach restaurant it was about 2 pm and the woman there was RUDE (she said "it's late, i'm not feeding you, get out of my restaurant"!!!). We had to settle for a bag of chips from the little convenience store and were starving by the time we got back to the ship.

The water at Saphire did not seem as clear as it was at Coki- wish we had chosen there instead- I hear there are more food choices on this beach as well.

Hope this helps.

Archived