Weight Watchers On Princess

Perez1992

I'm heading to Alaska in June, and my plan is "Enjoy my week, eat what I feel like, walk around a lot, and (since I use e-tools) don't worry about tracking or some number on a scale."

That said, I will pick something healthy over something less healthy - if the taste appeal is about equal... I just made my goal, but no qualms or concerns about getting some of it back temporarily. I do WW for diabetes control, not aesthetics :cool: How I look is of concern only to one person in the world and it isn't me :D (we're doing the cruise for our 30th)

Jim

Easiest way...

Fill up on quality complex carbs at breakfast (and have a late breakfast). Think bowls of oatmel or cream of wheat/rice, try to have a protein source that includes casein proten (or buy a container of it to take along with you). Those two will keep you filled past lunch and the sustained release of calories from the casein based protein will not put your body in a calorie hoarding state.

If you do get hungry between breakfast and supper, another scoop of casein protein.

Eat sensibly at supper when it comes time to those delish desserts, eat half of it and drink a lot of water while eating it so your body believes it got is fill all from the dessert.

Or if you're really counting calories.... you completely chew up that delish dessert, letting that flavor just be in your mouth and you completely relish that delish dessert but you spit out the dessert rather than swallowing it and then drink a lot of water.

During the last weeks of contest prep when simple carbs are a NO, that's the way I've always satisifed my sweet tooth on my cheat meal day w/o actually getting those empty calories from the simple carbs.

Derek

Or if you're really counting calories.... you completely chew up that delish dessert, letting that flavor just be in your mouth and you completely relish that delish dessert but you spit out the dessert rather than swallowing it and then drink a lot of water.

Sitting across from someone doing that would also go a long way toward helping my weight control.

I'm heading to Alaska in June, and my plan is "Enjoy my week, eat what I feel like, walk around a lot, and (since I use e-tools) don't worry about tracking or some number on a scale."

That said, I will pick something healthy over something less healthy - if the taste appeal is about equal... I just made my goal, but no qualms or concerns about getting some of it back temporarily. I do WW for diabetes control, not aesthetics :cool: How I look is of concern only to one person in the world and it isn't me :D (we're doing the cruise for our 30th)

Jim

That's great congrats!!

Faith, trust, and Pixie Dust !!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Disney cruiseline. 5-6 times

you do not have to eat everything set before you....

If you KNOW you are going to want to eat the whole dessert...skip bread, potatoes...at dinner..to balance the carbs...don't finish the whole meat serving...

if there is rice, eat less of it.....

Relax and enjoy every bite of dessert....and when you think you have had enough...STOP!!!

The NY cheesecake is a big slice...as is the serving of Princess Love Boat Dream.....

BTW, you can always order sauces on the side...

I've done UBD and since I do not eat seafood, they gave me two filet mignon's. One went in the fridge cause it was just too much food....

It is good to plan ahead how you will make choices..balance is key

.but in the end...relax, and enjoy your vacation!

Bernadette

Since you're on Weight Watcher's, I would consider switching to Simply Filling while on vacations. I "practiced" at home for a couple of weeks before we went. It worked much better than trying to guesstimate points for a lot of foods I had no idea how to count, getting frustrated, throwing in the towel and going crazy :) If you follow the Simply Filling eating guidelines for meals and use your extra allowable points for either one drink or one dessert a day, you should be fine.

Your receptionist or meeting leader should have the booklet. I took it along since it's easy to carry, but by practicing ahead, I didn't ever have to refer to it.

As everyone has said, opportunities to be active abound. We have a "no elevator" rule when cruising - you'd be suprised how many stairs you end up climbing.

I've never gained weight on a cruise and no, I don't exercise. I love salad so I often make myself a chef salad for lunch and taste other things that appeal to me. At dinner, I ask for no sauce on my entree and sometimes have an appetizer, soup and an entree-sized salad. I'm not big on dessert so I usually order sorbet or maybe ice cream with chocolate sauce and then take just a few bites. I eat until I'm no longer hungry as opposed to when I feel full. I try many different foods but finish only what's really, really good.

Pam, like you I never exercise and use elevators ... still never gain weight on cruises. Basically, I eat the same as I do at home. The big key seems to be that I quit eating when I'm no longer hungry. :)

LuLu

you do not have to eat everything set before you....

If you KNOW you are going to want to eat the whole dessert...skip bread, potatoes...at dinner..to balance the carbs...don't finish the whole meat serving...

if there is rice, eat less of it.....

Relax and enjoy every bite of dessert....and when you think you have had enough...STOP!!!

The NY cheesecake is a big slice...as is the serving of Princess Love Boat Dream.....

BTW, you can always order sauces on the side...

I've done UBD and since I do not eat seafood, they gave me two filet mignon's. One went in the fridge cause it was just too much food....

It is good to plan ahead how you will make choices..balance is key

.but in the end...relax, and enjoy your vacation!

Bernadette

How did you eat up meat?

Faith, trust, and Pixie Dust !!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Disney cruiseline. 5-6 times