Ventura choose Venice departure

GEORGET

Ventura.

If youare choosing a 7 day or 14 day cruise start at Venice.

The reason is that you will aviod the italian VAT on the first 7 days and the Duty free shop will be open.

if you are on a 14 day out of Venice before it arrives at Genoa any duty free drinks purchased on board will be given to you to enjoy on the second leg.

genoa to Venice, the shops and certain onboard services incur vat, it does not apply to the drinks purchased in the bars.

Duty free shop is closed this leg.

Hope it helps j

If you cruise Genoa to Venice you don't leave the EU. If you cruise Venice to Genoa you visit Kotor which is in Montenegro which is not in the EU. The VAT even applies if you book a two week cruise as it is classed as separate cruises back to back.

If you cruise Genoa to Venice you don't leave the EU. If you cruise Venice to Genoa you visit Kotor which is in Montenegro which is not in the EU. The VAT even applies if you book a two week cruise as it is classed as separate cruises back to back.

Yeah thats right, if its also on sale as 2 x 1 week cruises and you book it as 1 x 2 week, you are on a "logical cruise" from P&O's point of view and they view it as 2 separate cruises internally.

Sorry am I being a bit thick here.

Fly to Genoa no duty free shop open and pay vat on shops etc for 1 week until you reach Venice then Duty free shop open for 2 nd week and no vat to pay in shops.

Fly to Venice and duty free shop open and no vat to pay in first week but on 2 nd leg no duty free shop open and pay vat on goods in the shop.

What is the difference? One week of each cruise Duty free shop open and one week of each cruise pay Vat.

I would rather fly to Genoa and have 2 days in Venice.

Sue

Edited by kersh

Sorry am I being a bit thick here.

Fly to Genoa no duty free shop open and pay vat on shops etc for 1 week until you reach Venice then Duty free shop open for 2 nd week and no vat to pay in shops.

Fly to Venice and duty free shop open and no vat to pay in first week but on 2 nd leg no duty free shop open and pay vat on goods in the shop.

What is the difference? One week of each cruise Duty free shop open and one week of each cruise pay Vat.

I would rather fly to Genoa and have 2 days in Venice.

Sue

Definitely, plus in my experience Genoa is much easier to get in & out of. One thing we found though, if you are flying out of Venice P&O will store your hand luggage so you can go into the city but they won't for Genoa. Most of the flights are early so it isn't a problem but we didn't leave the ship until 1.15.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...
I think I'm being a bit slow here but I don't understand :confused:

We're doing 7 nights Genoa-Venice...how will this effect the shops?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with itineraries for this year but if you have a stop in a non-EU port during your cruise you won't have to pay VAT in the shops.

If you are only sailing to EU ports VAT will be charged in the shops and photographers.

I'm not familiar with itineraries for this year but if you have a stop in a non-EU port during your cruise you won't have to pay VAT in the shops.

If you are only sailing to EU ports VAT will be charged in the shops and photographers.

Yes we are only docking in EU countries, I googled this last night and found this, '(Cruises visiting only Countries within the European Union)

On intra EU voyage we are unable to sell any duty free liquor or tobacco for on board consumption or to take ashore from the shops on board.'

When we were in the Fjords, the duty free shop was open every day. I asked in the perfume shop why the perfume wasn't cheaper outside the EU and they had no idea what I was talking about and just said their prices were cheaper than in the UK.