A plug for travel insurance, no matter your age

bingo3

Of all the cruises listed below, I think we got "total" insurance maybe twice. We have done the high end medical a few other times.

If we miss the cruise to a somewhat minor issue (broken leg, overnight hospital, etc), we would just eat the cost. So, we have saved quite a bit of money, and in many cases still been covered for a catastrophic event.

I know some people want to be covered for everything. To each their own.

Of all the cruises listed below, I think we got "total" insurance maybe twice. We have done the high end medical a few other times.

If we miss the cruise to a somewhat minor issue (broken leg, overnight hospital, etc), we would just eat the cost. So, we have saved quite a bit of money, and in many cases still been covered for a catastrophic event.

I know some people want to be covered for everything. To each their own.

Broken leg $25,000 vs travel insurance $150! Seems like a no brainer to me .....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My son got bronchiolitis on our Bermuda cruise a few years ago. We had to leave the ship and fly home a few days later. We had insurance so we were good, however when we were at the hospital a passenger from another ship came in with her husband. He suffered a massive stroke and was going to be there for quite awhile. We were put up at the same hotel. It was a very basic place but the rooms were over $200 per day. Our meals for the 3 days on the island were over $500 for 3 of us. The other couple had no insurance. The poor woman had to worry about that on top of everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To follow up- yes I did double and triple check I called the claims department today and asked them a serious of questions...am I covered outside the US if I went to the hospital with a broken leg.. "yes, you just have to pay your 150 deductible"..."if I was on the cruise ship and got a stomach virus and went to doctor on the cruise am I covered?" "Yes, your medical is covered along with any medication distributed" and lastely the final question that probable made her think I was nuts.." If I had to be airlifted out of the bahamas or any other foreign country am I covered ? " Yes, you are covered at 85% if you needed to be airlifted"-- I guess i have awesome insurance:)

I have the same health insurance and it is awesome.