MOS: Book now or any advantage to waiting until final deposits are due?

We want to sail on the Mariner December 11, 2005. In the past we have booked even more last minute, so I don't have any experience with this.

As I understand it when final deposits are due some people will probably drop out. I am wondering if it is likely there may be a rate change at that time (down, I hope!!) Any thoughts and/or experience with this?

Many thanks!

Book NOW. Even if the price goes down after your final payment (as long as it is not a one-day special) you can have your price adjusted.

Typically prices do nothing but go UP after booking. The latest slew of price reductions are for cruises in mid-late August (when I'm going) when many kids are back in school and it's prime hurricane season. No doubt that bookings are down for that time frame, and the discounting reflects that.

Early December is usually a slower period as well but it's not hurricane season, so it's entirely possible that pricing will increase with no additional discounts. In general, it's always best to book EARLY for early booking discounts and keep watching in case additional discounts come up.

Enjoy! :)

Agree, agree, agree.....

book now and get the cabin you want, then sit on the reservation and check the price periodically. I just can't see any rhythm to the price drops, so I think it has a lot to do with how well the cruise is selling. You could get no drop (as is the case for our October Brilliance cruise which has very few cabins left), or it could drop next week, or it could drop 4 - 8 weeks from the cruise date. Just keep checking.

December, by the way is a great time to cruise. Good weather and less crowded.

Archived